“Not my taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marietta Diner

Marietta Diner
Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner, Soups, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Not my taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

First timer-food good but more fries than meat. Asked for a malt & was told they don't make them, so I settled for chocolate shake. It was more whipped cream than milk and fancied up with chocolate syrup running down the inside of the glass, topped with a cherry. Honestly it was more like a sundae.
Sorry to be negative but I also did not enjoy the atmosphere.
Too crowded. Way too noisey.
It was almost impossible to hear the person across the table from me. Tables were pushed together so tight that I had to ask someone to move so I could walk out. There was some background music that I heard over the speaker in the restroom but you couldn't hear it at all in the dining room.
Food is served on platters-really? Cakes & baked goods are ridiculously large. Overall, it's just over the top. Not my cup of tea.

Trinity, Florida
“If it isn't on the menu, you don't need to eat it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Jeez! What a menu! We have been in plenty of (Greek) diners, but this is far and away the "hughest" menu"! We knew about the Marietta Diner from the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives episode. We had considered stopping in the past while traveling on I-75, but for various reasons could not visit. Most times there was too long a wait to get in! Well after finally having lunch, I must say it is quite the diner. If it is not on the menu here, you probably can do without it. Not sure how they prepare everything they offer here and do it 24/7. There was a list of a dozen additional lunch specials as if there was not enough offerings on the menu. With so many choices, it is truly hard to decide, so when I did get it narrowed down two choices and asked our server Angela for a suggestion, she said, "The owner is at the table behind me and he is having the jambalaya (lunch special)." Well if the owner is having it than it must be good. And it was delicious! Truly N'awleans style! Although I would have liked a few more bites of Andouille sausage, there were shrimp, scallops, chicken and okra with just the right amount of zip that made it tasty.
The spouse had a Philly cheese steak omelet that was pretty light on the steak. She would not order it again. I had a cup of broccoli cheese soup (included in the special) that tasted homemade and my side of lima beans was good with a unique bit of flavoring that turned out to be salt, pepper, garlic and dill! Quite good. We did not have room for dessert, and nearly bought something to good, but the bakery selections are hard to resist. Maybe next time.

Crab Orchard, Tennessee
“Great burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went there on a recommendation from a local while on a business trip. I went at lunch time and thought I would have to wait because the parking lot looked full, they got me right in. Decided to just stick with the classic since it was first time there, ordered a cheeseburger and they had it out in no time. It was cooked perfect and tasted great, the fries were really good too. I'll be back next time I'm in town.

Visited February 2014
Marietta, Georgia
“My local favorite! Never lets one down.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Always a line but it moves fast. Friendly service and excellent waiters as well as a huge menu and servings that I generally have to get a take-home box. And the cakes, well they are to die for. This is one of those places that can please every customer for every meal at all hours. Was featured on TV, and they have three more different type restaurants around the Cobb county area. They do move fast so maybe not the place for "lovers" who want a quiet, private, and restful setting, but for the rest of us, it's perfect. Remember it is a diner, a beautiful one, and you are getting quality.

Marietta
“not very diner prices.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Large menu exterior looks like a diner, inside semi diner atmosphere, However price bit too high for a family. We haven't been back.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Marietta Diner? Share your experiences!