“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marietta Diner

Marietta Diner
Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner, Soups, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Villages, Florida
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

After seeing this diner on DDD, we decided to try it on our way through from Florida to Chicago. It is only 3 or 4 minutes off the highway, and easy to get to. We pulled in at 1:30 in the afternoon, and the parking lot was full. We were afraid it would take forever, but we gave it a try anyway. Am I ever glad we did!! We were seated promptly, greeted by our server immediately. Menu is huge and I had trouble choosing. While waiting for our food, we observed that the place runs like clockwork! It is quite large, but everyone is efficient and on their toes. Our food came out quickly, and it was wonderful! Entire staff was friendly, manager stopped to inquire how we liked our meal. We were stunned to realize that we had entered, ordered, been served, eaten, and cashed out in 45 minutes! All without feeing rushed.
This will be a regular stop for us both going north and south on our trips. If you get the chance, you must give this place a try. Great decor, too!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sue M

Kennesaw, Georgia
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

they really give you too much food here so plan for taking some home. the cakes & desserts are fabulous

Visited August 2013
ANTIOCH
“Quick meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Driving through Marietta, I was very hungry and goggled restaurants and the Marietta diner came up and I remembered I had viewed the diner on the food network (Triple D) diners, drive-ins and dives. It was only 3 miles from my location, I arrived at 6 p.m. to a very flashy and well advertised diner and very ,very crowded parking lot and diner, just very busy with lots of activity. I decided to go in and see how long the wait was and I was greeted and seated without a wait, in a booth.The diner was just jumping with action , people and employees moving all over. I through..... nice, friendly place but I will probably have to wait long for the food or the food will not be good because the crowd, rushed food. Well I was wrong Teresa, my waitress was very knowledgeable of the huge menu and very nice and friendly ,... anything you want on the menu , breakfast 24 hours and all kind of selections from sandwiches to Greek to comfort meals...Italian, you name it... and it was on the menu to include daily specials. I got a great pastrami on rye within minutes that was very good.Sometimes the t.v. blows up something ie.. restaurants, cities,things to do, etc etc. this diner was what I saw on t.v. and with no let down, I felt that I experienced the t.v experience . , recommend highly.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JEFFREY G
Huntsville
“Obscene amount of GOOD food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We showed up about 9am and the place was packed! Our group of 6 only had to wait about 10 minutes though as they set up a new table for us.

The menu has so many choices it is almost like a book.
The staff was great and the food was terrific. Just SO much of it!
My wife ask to share a Steak and Shrimp dinner with our 11 year old and they had NO problem doing that. It was still more then enough food for the both. I ordered the gyro dinner and had so much food that even after I could eat no more, my plate looked barely touched. I got a "to go" box and the next day I STILL had more left-overs then I could eat. Yeh ... that much food!

Oh ... and the deserts! I can't begin to describe the variety and deliciousness. I ordered the Baklava (their specialty is Greek food so I couldn't resist) and it was fresh and delicious.

My brother-in-law (who took us here) said that on previous visits to Atlanta, he has come here for dinner then gone back to his hotel for a nap, then come back for desert and coffee.

Of course, this is food we are talking about here and everyone has their own tastes so your experience may vary but everyone in our group loved their food.

BTW - when we left at 10pm(ish) the line to get in was longer than when we arrived.

I would add that apparently, this place was featured on some TV show but it doesn't seem to have given them an attitude. It might account for the crowds though.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LFFG
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Ate there for an early dinner. Variety of food ordered & served quickly. Error made on one order & it was politely remedied. Fun place.

Visited July 2013

Been to Marietta Diner? Share your experiences!