“Great food and plenty of it!”
Review of Marietta Diner

Marietta Diner
Ranked #1 of 28 Dessert in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was invited to go to this restaurant on my last visit to the States. What a great surprise. I will make sure that I visit again next time. The food was delicious and the service was prompt and attentive. Nothing fancy, just good vittles. This place seems to have a large local following and it was crowded when I was there, but we were seated with no waiting. I was impressed by the varied menu and was only able to an opinion on my choice. Everyone else was pleased and they were old time customers. All I can add is that they know their food!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,859)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went on Saturday the food was great of course. But come hungry! I always share my dinner so I can have one the wonderful desserts. My husband had the catfish and he said it was wonderful. Great service and the bread they put on the table was hot from the oven and steaming.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good diner food. Need a while to review the extensive menu.
Had no room for the huge slices of cake for desert.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Open 24 hours, excellent food, low prices, at least 18 specials per day, extremely fast and courteous service! Love this place! Massive desserts of every type fill 2 massive walls of glass bakery shelves. Most people take home a container because the portions are so big. Owner is usually on site, great place to take visitors!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This busy, popular, noisy diner has a huge menu so anyone in your party can find something to eat. We love Greek food so I tried the Greek lasagna – accompanying salad was excellent (full of tomatoes, cucumbers, big chunks of feta). The lasagna itself was delicious, made with a sort of béchamel sauce. Rather odd that it came with a side of rice. Complimentary samples of spinach pie were served to each table. My husband had the huge Greek sampler – all was good. Pita bread was actually rather tough, not soft and warm like we’ve had before. Portions are huge, so we needed to-go boxes. Sitting by the huge glass case of desserts was way too tempting. We had to add an order of chocolate chip cannoli. Everything delicious and highly recommend – when you’re really hungry!