“Great Value for A Big Business Group”
Review of WR Social House

WR Social House
Ranked #51 of 718 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
st. john's
“Great Value for A Big Business Group”
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My company was there on business. The food was fantastic. We had our share of authentic Southern American food: fried green tomatoes etc.

It was average and nothing to write home about.

Atlanta, GA
“Come On Willie Rae's - You Can Do Better”
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Following a positive review in the local paper, we went for dinner. Overall, we were disappointed in the experience.

Pros: My wife had a great shrimp and grits entree; I had a good cup of gumbo.

Cons: young waiter left us hanging for long stretches; My Chicken Ya-Ya was over the top spicy, even for someone that likes spicy food; decor filled with high school art class
quality art for sale.

This place could be so good, but is seems like they are trying to get by just on a funky, sort of Southern sort of cajun menu. The food is pretty good, but we left thinking, "eeh, that was just OK." It has a nice location on the Marietta square, but it seems wasted. Spiff up the interior, train the waitstaff and you could really have something there.

marietta,georgia
“Don't waste your time with Willy Rae's”
Reviewed February 18, 2009

My girlfriend and I thought we would check out Willy Rae's at the square because it seemed like an interesting place to eat.... wrong. As we entered the door and noticed that there were three guests in the restaurant we were a little skeptical but I figured that maybe it was because the weather was not so good that day. I have worked in restaurants for about four years, and I can tell you that our dining experience was one of the worst I have had in Marietta. I will say our waiter was very friendly and did a great job, which is why I didn't feel like it was necessary to complain to him about the food. First, we ordered an appetizer of fried green tomatoes, a southern favorite of mine and my girlfriend's, that cost 7 dollars. I was charged 7 dollars for THREE slices of tomatoes with some red pepper mayonaisse that didn't compliment the food whatsoever and goat cheese on top that was WAY too much and overpowered the taste of tomatoes. The main point is that 7 dollars is WAY too much to ask someone to pay for this. Then the entrees, I got the fried catfish which was 15 dollars, and my girlfriend ordered the shrimp po boy, the cheapest entree on the menu for 10 dollars. Neither of us could finish our meals, and to be honest it would've been more satisfying if we went to the Long John Silver a few blocks away. In defense of the place, the server was incredibly nice, so my advice to him would be to find somewhere else to work because for the money we paid, the food was less than mediocre. My tip to you, if you want good seafood, take the time to drive to Six Feet Under in Atlanta for some real value, and real food. I don't typically write reviews on this sort of thing, but I haven't had food that was so unworthy of the price in a very long time.

2 Thank twizzott
Marietta, Georgia
“Horrible Value for Just OK Food”
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Willie Rae's offers an....eclectic...menu, seeming to mix a lot of seafood fare with touches of tex-mex and southern specialties. However, with the prices they charge for the mediocre food, there's really no reason to eat here at all.

We started off with the Fried Green Tomatoes, topped with goat cheese and a red pepper mayonnaise sauce. These were relatively tasty, if not under-fried a little bit. This is where the enjoyment ends, and the value comes into play. The appetizer cost $7. For that, they serve just three slices of tomato with what looked to be a spoonful of goat cheese on top. I could buy 5 green tomatoes at the supermarket for that, with money left over for a little goat cheese and some ranch dip (a better compliment, IMO).

For the meals, mediocrity inspired the 'chef' (aka the guy in the kitchen who seemed to spend more time watching the patrons than actually cooking food). My dining partner's grits and grillades was simply sauced-up chunks of pot roast and bland cheese grits. The meal was far from filling (much of the beef was chunks of fat), and was presented as a pile of slop on the plate. The meal was even worse when you consider the filet mignon price tag that was attached. At $19, we felt like we broke the bank for a can of Campbell's beef stew.

My entree was described on the menu as 'flank steak (I opted for the steak), chicken or shrimp marinated in cumin, garlic and key lime, grilled with bell peppers and onions and served with pico de gallo, sour cream and flour tortillas' (pulled from their online menu). The steak was cooked well, but far from marinated. No sour cream. Just two flour tortillas. And a pile of black-bean infused rice (I don't like beans. Had I know they were serving rice with it, I would have asked for no beans). Again, at $16, I felt ripped off. I could have gone to Chipotle and ordered the same meal (with sour cream) for 1/3 the price, AND it would have tasted better!

So, all of that (plus two super sweet teas) ran just under $50 (not including tip). Ridiculous cost for the food that we got, considering the taste and prices are better at fast food restaurants that carry similar offerings.

Atmosphere was OK. Decorated with local art...but we were seated right next to the kitchen, so it got noisy at times.

Staff was friendly and attentive, and service was quick. Just about the only bright spot for Willie Rae's.

2 Thank BoSox0407
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Don't remember much about it other than it has a strange menu. Non-traditional foods...”
Reviewed June 12, 2008