“Great manager and staff”

Cosmopolitan Restaurant
Ranked #262 of 734 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northchase Pkwy. SE
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The manager and staff make you feel welcome the minute you arrive! This is one of our favorite happy hour social spots for the welcoming atmosphere and good food/drinks!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Went here with my husband just for an appetizer and beer was awful. We ordered the eggplant appetizer and was so bland and tasteless, to top it off it literally looked like oatmeal. The beer was not cold was slightly below room temperature very unappealing. Based on this experience I would not go back.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This restaurant has been opened about 10 months in Marietta now (this is June 2014). We were out and about and wanted a late lunch. Often a good sign of an establishment is how well you are treated in the "off hours". We arrived around 2:30 PM. Immediately we were asked booth or table? We chose booth and my husband upon sitting down commented, "this is The Most Comfortable booth I have ever sat in." Cool! Our waitress was Antoinette and was incredibly hospitable and attentive without being bothersome. S far - 5 stars on the little things. Now the big things -
There was a lunch time special on drafts so we decided to order our favorite. She came back a few minutes later and stated that she was not pleased with how it was coming out, so they were changing the keg. It cam a few minutes later - crisp, cold and fresh. The bread arrived - oh my goodness! Not only do they bake their own bread (it was the best I have eaten anywhere) but the olive oil was smothered in herbs - not just a dash but half the container was herbs! So incredibly tasty we asked for more oil to go with our bread and instead of pouring more oil in the container, she brought fresh! Ok - I am in heaven.
our appetizer was the crab cake. I spent my summers on the Chesapeake Bay in MD and I know good crab cakes. This was full of crab meat and the flavor was uniquely wonderful - just a tad spicy - perfectly balanced and oh so fresh tasting. I took a photo halfway through. Sorry - couldn't contain myself!
Our lunch entrees were the Reuben and the Greek Villager Salad with Mahi Mahi added. My only negative would be that the piece of Mahi Mahi for the $8 additional cost was smaller then I would have liked, but the flavor was excellent and the salad very filing. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Reuben.
Have no idea what it is like during busy times but our experience will definitely take us back!

Oh BTW, Sundays their entire wine list, glasses and bottles are half price! In all fairness, the dinner prices are higher than lunch and are what you would expect in a finer dining atmosphere even though the sign outside says casual dining. We spent a total of $52 for 4 drafts, one appetizer and two lunches. Dinner would definitely have been higher. But you can check the website and go prepared. You are unquestionably getting value for your dollar.

2  Thank Janice H
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Dined here for my birthday dinner and while at first we were a bit apprehensive, ultimately we were very pleased with our meal. Even though this is a nicer restaurant, we walked in in regular clothing (jeans, t-shirt for my husband, cargo pants and casual top for me) we were greeted promptly and warmly. Our waitress and friendly and efficient. Our food was delicious! My husband declared his Chicken Francaise was the best he had ever had and I must say the sauce had such a lemony pop to it that the whole dish tasted bright and fresh. My Shrimp and Grits were very, very good. The shrimp were big, plump, and fresh. Absolutely no fishy taste to them whatsoever, but I did have to take the tails off which I dislike. The grits were made with chicken stock so as to have a nice flavor and didn't set up and become gelatinous. They were incredibly smooth. Dessert was lacking, the White Chocolate Key Lime Souflee` didn't taste really of either white chocolate or lime. Still, nice and sweet. All in all, I would come back if I were in the Atlanta area again. .

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We were enroute to Nashville and traffic was bad so we decided to have dinner here.

Great choice!

Stephanie was our server and her service was excellent.

The bread is outstanding.

I had the recommended chicken Parmesan and it was super.

They have outstanding dessert options

1  Thank Newamica