“Not as good as it used to be.”

Lemon Grass Thai Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 734 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Have been having lunch here for many years when in Marietta on business. In the past it was always excellent, but on my recent visit it was pretty average. Lunch menu at $7.95 for salad/soup, egg roll, rice and entree is a good buy, but my Lemongrass beef was mostly gravy with a few flecks of beef, and even though I asked for medium heat, it was completely bland. I remember the food as tasting very fresh in the past, but and this seemed like it had been served up from a buffet. The interior is starting to look a little dingy and shabby. I would probably go back, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Have been eating here for years. We always order the "Family Dinner" which includes soup, salad, one small spring or cheese roll and your entree. I almost always choose the House Special "Lemon Grass" with chicken or tofu. My husband loves their Pad Prik King. The Ginger Fish is also excellent as are their curries. Honestly, I can't believe I am lucky enough to have this good Thai food so close to home.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am not an expert on Thai food but have eaten it for years. First, however, this restaurant is in
Dire need of a remodeling!!!!!! It is very dark and the seats were ripped. The wait staff is friendly but that is the only good thing I can say about the Lemon Grass. We ordered the Chicken Pad Thai and it was so gummy that you couldn't get a small bite and the chicken was extremely grisly. our meal came with Spring Rolls and the tiniest salad I have ever been served. We drove a good distance to try this spot based on the good reviews we read. Now I wonder who wrote those ?????
P. S. Several people commented on the Coconut soup. It was good if you like sweet soups

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The staff here is awesome, and so is the food! Their coconut soup is the best I have had before, and even with the lunch portions, I end up with leftovers. I especially enjoy the Panang Curry tofu or chicken. Vegetarians and vegans can eat here easily, as the wait staff will let you know what is in the food, and can cater to how spicy you want something. I have been here for take out, and ea-in for business and pleasure, and have yet to have a bad experience!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love Thai food and have eaten Thai all over the country and Canada. This is the best Tom Kai soup and Massamam curry I've ever had. The staff is very friendly and remember the names of their regular customers and their preferences. Am already planning my next visit.