“Celebrating History in Marietta”

The Butcher The Baker
Ranked #74 of 718 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Louisville, Kentucky
“Celebrating History in Marietta”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Referred by my local barber who suggested we visit the restaurant while visiting Civil War battlefield commemoration in nearby Kennesaw,GA.
Found food to be very good. Took a friend who lives in the area and she was also very complimentary of the service and food. Especially liked the chicken livers, the cheese tray and the desserts are not to be missed. Will return again when in the area. Drew was an excellent server and the other young lady who helped was also excellent. Just a terrific visit.

• Visited June 2014

“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a coffee during the day the staff were really friendly. We liked the look.of the menu and so booked for dinner. Booking is essential it gets really busy. We opted for the small dishes and between three of us had maybe 8. They were all delicious, it was a great chance to try a whole variety of different foods.
I just wish I didn't live so far away or I would eat here all the time :-)

Ames, Iowa
“Stellar food and service even at closing time”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We'd set out for Willy Ray's, TBTB's sister restaurant next door, for shrimp and grits (the best I've ever had) and fried pickles, but we got there just as they were closing. We decided to dine alfresco and sampled two of their house special cocktails (they were inventive and delicious) while we waited for our food. Everything was just delicious. Three of us had the pork (two orders, which was plenty of food!), and I had the ravioli. It was just divine.

The service was a tad spotty, but that could have been that we were the last table of the evening. That said, we were made to feel like we had all the time in the world. It was a memorable meal on the Square.

• Visited May 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Met my expectations”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had heard a lot about this new place in Marietta, from the unique light fittings and contemporary art on the walls I felt optimistic.,firstly a platter of small tastes. Some superb terrine, cheeses, one with pickled strawberry, mustards, fresh light bread rolls from the oven... I almost didn't need a main.(entree in America)
I was given an egg dish that knocked the soxs of most egg dishes I've ever eaten,
The Slow cooked rib, and the pork was melt in your mouth...well presented and memorable. Why did we have desert? Because it was soooo good!
I'd love to go back before my visit to Atlanta is over

• Visited May 2014
Starkville, Mississippi
“Great service; above average food.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a birthday dinner, and had a great time. I will begin with the positives: The staff were helpful, knowledgeable, and pleasant. The food did not take too long, and was spaced well after the appetizer so as to increase the social interaction which was great due to the ambiance. I had the softshell crab special which was amazing over a locally grown salad; as well as some great bread they offer, and a porkbelly grit dish served in a kettle. Now for the negatives: The food was salty, and the bathroom was...open to say the least; that's it.
P.s. This place is pricey, but is worth it due to its farm-to-table policy. A great "hip" date spot.