“Fun lunch environment with great dogs”
Review of Barkers Red Hots

Barkers Red Hots
Ranked #317 of 734 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Don't let the name fool you- - they have veggie dogs, grilled chicken and salads to satisfy all eating types. We came on a Saturday afternoon, and the resturant is decorated like a beachfront and has covered seating outside, and inside seating as well. We were greeted warmly, and we ordered a chili cheese dog with the onion rings, and also ordered the french fries and "jumbo" hotdog as well. Food was delicious and fresh. We will be back!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stumbled upon Barkers Red Hots after a day of adventuring along the Chattahoochee River. What a great find! A welcoming, friendly staff made me a hot dog to die for in Georgia. The technique of the grillman was fascinating and made for a fantastically tasty and well-done dog the way I tend to like them. The menu is eclectic and a welcome find in the Atlanta area. Great horseradish mustard. Don't be fooled by the name; the dogs range from red hots to standard jumbo beef dogs and sausages. The owner is from Buffalo, NY, so there is also is his version of a beef on weck.

Vegetarians are also welcome with his offering of veggie dogs and several salads on the menu.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I'm not sure how anyone could have a bad experience here. The charcoal grilled to order hot dogs and sausages are outstanding, and I've found the owner and staff to be friendly and helpful on multiple visits. Their onion rings are one of my favorite things (the batter is so crispy).

As hard it is was to not order a hot dog today, I had to try the "Fish Fry Friday" Tilapia Sandwich, with jalepeno mayo. It was awesome to see the guy batter it right as I ordered and drop it into the fryer. The resulting sandwich completely blew me away... it had to be the best fish sandwich I've ever tasted. The mayo had a nice kick to it, the fish was fried perfectly golden and crisp and it was so moist and tasty.

About the only drawback I can even think of here is that the line can get a little long during lunch, and it takes some time to cook everything fresh to order. But in my view they do a fantastic job getting everyone's orders out as fast as possible. And for food this good, I'll happily wait in line for five minutes any day of the week.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Recently, I tried this restaurant. Although I thought the food was decent, what really made me angry was the attitude of the owner of Barkers. I received a response and then private message from the owner belittling me for my honest review.

I appreciate an owner who has pride in his business. What I don't appreciate is someone who is hostile. Therefore, I will not be back.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Barkers is home to amazing charcoal grillef hot dogs. Everything is cooked to order. Many toppings to choose from. Staff is super friendly!