“Inexpensive seafood -”

Pier 213 Seafood
Ranked #75 of 738 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 21, 2013

After exploring Marietta Square - we stopped in to Pier 213 for dinner. We started out with fried calamari. Cooked too long a bit tough. I had a crab cake sandwich and husband had Oyster dinner. All priced reasonable.Oysters tasted very fresh and just out of the ocean. Crab Cake sandwich was good but a little spicy. For 36.00 with drinks we did ok

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Pier 213 after reading some of the reviews. We were very disappointed. The beer was not cold, the "baked" oysters where not seasoned very well and the hushpuppies were the worse I have ever had. I had the crab cakes and they were ok but not worth the price. My husband had the shrimp po' boy and it was average. All in all, it was not worth the $50+ we spent there.

1  Thank susucarter
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hushpuppies not very good, tilapia good, soft shell crab not crispy (soggy). Will try again to be fair. Maybe the place was having a bad day. Also thought it was a bit expensive, so disappointed with overall quality.

1  Thank GaUncle
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I went there for lunch. It's a casual setting but very clean and inviting. We had shrimp Po' Boy and crab cake sandwich. Both dishes were very tasty and the portions were generous. The shrimp were plump and tender, piled up nicely on a fresh toasted hoagie roll. The crab cake was delicious. It tasted absolutely fresh, no fillers. We were also very pleased with the service. I'm sure we'll be back.

2  Thank Kressenberg
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Although I wouldn't classify this as a seafood restaurant everything we tried was OK. The gumbo was a little soupy and short on protein content it had a few very small pieces of sausage, one, small shrimp and not much else it tasted fine but in my experience gumbo is more like stew than soup. I had the fried catfish tacos with jicama slaw (a great combination of flavors) they were fine, the hush puppies which were OK and the crab claw appetizer. My wife had the New England style clam chowder which was way too spicy to call it New England chowder, the crabcake sandwich which she said was more like a corncake sandwich, you have to wonder why a crabcake would need to be dressed with lettuce and tomato. In her opinion everything was smothered in the same spice. Having lived on the coast of Florida and Washington, and New England we consider ourselves to be good judges of seafood. The biggest disappointment was the grouper sandwich it was on the menu but they had no grouper. The food here would have to improve considerably if we were to return. Also there is outdoor seating but this establishment is right on Marietta Parkway and no one in their right mind would want to suffer the noise and exhaust fumes from this every-busy 4-lane road. The food section of the Atlanta newspaper gave this restaurant a great review. This isn't the first time I have been fooled by an AJC food critic adding window dressing to an average restaurant but perhaps it will be the last.

1  Thank keystonekop

Been to Pier 213 Seafood? Share your experiences!