“Cute pub, small intimate Irish pub.”

Johnnie MacCracken's Celtic Pub
Ranked #49 of 721 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Fairfax, Virginia
“Cute pub, small intimate Irish pub.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

A lot of beer selections, no doubt. Pub fair. Sandwiches made to order. Wait staff polite.
Cheese steak is oversized. Reasonably price at 8 bucks. Enough to share if your not hungry! Not huge though!

• Visited July 2013

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good beer selection; good food; OK service; Smoke-filled”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I like Johnnie Mac's. It's one of my favorite bars in Marietta, mostly because of the beer selection and pub atmosphere. Plus, it's a good value. The one BIG drawback, and the main reason I don't go more often, and the reason I don't invite more guests, is the smoking. FOR GOD'S SAKE, BAN THE SMOKING! They don't even allow smoking inside pubs in Ireland anymore.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good times”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good place good enviroment. Lots of different areas. Back patio is good, fire place. Best spot is the comfy chairs in the library part. decent food. regular drinks.

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wouldn't waste my time unless you're already drunk”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Old building, cramped seating, and sparse servers. Kind of dirty and full of old kitschy stuff, food standard bar fare and still allows smoking. . I wouldn't go in with kids or with a date. If you want to drink late night after tipping back a few, OK. Other than that, not worth seeking out.

Marietta, Georgia
“Worst lunch in Marietta!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am copying and pasting this review from "Johnnie McCracken's TripAdvisor page because they have two listings (this one "MacCracken's).
We work on the Marietta square and frequent the various restaurants daily. We had never been to Johnnie McCrackens. We also had never experienced the worst lunch in town; and now we have. This place is supposedly famous for its corned beef, and makes much publicity of a visit by Food Network's Alton Brown. So I ordered a corned beef sandwich. My wife ordered the "Georgia Moonshine" - a sliced prime rib sandwich with irish cheddar and tomatoes. Why it is named that, heaven knows. My sandwich arrived and was 1/8" thick. When I peeled open the sandwich, you could see the bread. There was literally one scraggly piece of corned beef that didn't cover more than 2/3 of the slice of bread. It had good flavor, what little there was of it. My wife bit into her sandwich and began to make a very awful face. See, my wife can't eat spicy things, and nothing on the menu indicated that any such thing was on the sandwich. The wait person happened by about this time and asked if everything was ok. She told my wife that there was horseradish sauce on her sandwich. When I showed her my corned beef and asked if that was the usual amount they put on a sandwich, she said "not really" and said she would bring it to someone's attention. I took a bite of my wife's sandwich, since she couldn't eat it. It wasn't really a horseradish taste - it was just plain nasty, like industrial cleaner taste. No one came to see us about the issues, but instead, we were just brought the bill in full. Food "F", atmosphere "F", just gross.

• Visited January 2013