“great ribs and onion rings”
Review of Georgia Rib Company - CLOSED

Georgia Rib Company
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: 770-973-7427
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is one of the best BBQ places my husband and I have ever been too. The front lobby was empty but once we walked into the main dining room it was pretty busy. We were seated right away and the service was fast. We asked the waitress what would be a good appetizer to start with and she recommended the onion rings. It took a little time for us to get them but they still came out hot and crispy and were absolutely delicious! My husband ordered the sampler platter with mac & cheese and green beans as his sides. When his dish came out it was more than he could eat and we ended up taking half of it home for lunch the next day. The BBQ sauce which was located on the table, is one of the best we have ever had. The manager talked me into getting the lamb ribs and they were absolutely delicious!!! The music choice they had playing in the background was not exactly to my liking. In my opinion, this is a perfect place for families to come eat great food and have a relaxing dinner.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We went back to the Georgia Rib Co because had esten there before and had wonderful BBQ and service food still very good thou expensive but overall all BBQ places are expensive even the dives are but this is a nice resturant staff nice but service alittle slow considering went after 2pm and hardly anyone there but very nice restur a nt and good food

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We visited this place because I had purchased a Groupon to use. We were unable to use the Groupon until after it had expired. The policy is that the establishment will honor the Groupon for the amount paid if it is expired. Well after getting lousy service (and the place was not busy), and cold food, they refused to honor the Groupon. We ask to speak to the manager and he refused to come to our table and talk to us. He instead sent the waiter back with his message that they would not honor the Groupon and that we could go back to Groupon for a refund. We will never eat here again because of such a bad experience and they didn't seem to care if we returned or not.

3  Thank Susan P
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a very mixed experience and I'm not sure where to begin, so I guess I'll start with the website: The website photos depict a modern, downtown, upscale club-like decor (my wife even made me dress up some for our first visit) but it is not really that at all. Actually, it's a large (skating rink/bowling alley size) upscale Sports Bar separated into a few smaller rooms, one with a large bar area. I ordered the beef "ribs" (hard to find in the south) and it came as just one rib. To be fair it was a 12" rib that yielded nearly 1/2 pound of beef. It was actually pretty good (A). My wife had the combination dinner of sliced pork (one dry 1/2" thick slice of meat) and half a chicken. The chicken looked well-done, but my wife said it was pretty good (A-). On the other hand, her sliced pork was very dry (C-) and we had to use lots of the house BBQ sauce to eat it. With regard to the service, it was better than average, and the server was friendly and accommodating. As far as value, we used a half-off internet coupon and it was still slightly overpriced at that rate. The food would have been WAY overpriced without that special deal.

1  Thank Leonard S
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We picked Georgia Rib Company because a lot of places were not open on Labor Day. The restaurant was mostly empty and I thought maybe they should have closed. The service was okay but not exactly very professional. It could have been an off day for the cook as the food was not what I expected. The barbeque chicken was a bit dry and my husband said he did not think the barbeque pork was cocked that day. It was also dry. The collards were to spicey for my taste. Some liked the string beans but I found them also over seasoned. The appetizer was wonderful or as my Grandson said it was the bomb!!!! We had onion rings by the loaf. Will try the restaurant again but not on a Holiday.