“very disappointing, stay away!”
Review of New Shangrila Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Marietta, Georgia
“very disappointing, stay away!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is the second time we ordered from Shangrila. The first was ok, the second a disaster! We ordered delivery, when we got it every item in our order was wrong. I called the restaurant back, and was given no solution. No refund, no offer to bring a correct order to us. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told to call back in a half hour. When I called back a half an hour later, the manager was still not available. After a much delayed dinner (from a different restaurant) and haggling with Shangrila, we were finally given a refund. When I suggested to the woman who took my call that this was not the way to run a business, that when I customer is given the wrong order, a refund or an offer to replace the meal immediately should have been offered without hesitation, she said that she has suggested this to management, but that is not how they run things. Stay far, far away if you actually want the dinner that you ordered.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank krishale23

“Good Chinese Take-out”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently went back to the Canton Road location, and they indicated that there had been a change in ownership since our last visit.

The portion sizes are quite sizable, and the price is very fair for the amount of food you get.

The egg rolls were phenomenal. We also enjoyed the chicken lo mein, fried rice and mushu pork. They also threw in a free order of Chinese donuts that were so good. The quality was much better than we'd recently been having at our normal hole-in-the-wall Chinese take-out.

We'll definitely be going back. Hope this isn't short-lived.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JennDives
Acworth
“Amazing Food, Unbelievable Prices”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The food is always prepared fresh, made to order. Don't want onions? Not a problem. No bell peppers? Sure thing. The food is hot, the vegetables are fresh and the price can't be beat! $5.xx for a lunch combo with enough food that you'll be snacking on left overs later.

Sha-cha chicken and Hunan beef are 2 of the best items on the menu. General tso is the best I've ever had. I've eaten in high-end Chinese restaurants and Shangrila has them beat. It's the quality of the ingredients and the fact that your food is prepared when you order.

I eat here alone or with my family a few times a week. Trust me...go...you won't regret it.

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ownership/menu change results in disappointing food”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Yes, this is my second review of this place. Unfortunately an apparent recent ownership (and possibly chef) change has prompted me to update my review.

The interesting and unique menu items that were previously on the menu have been dropped. The menu is now your basic Chinese take-out with a few Thai curry dishes thrown in. Sadly, there is nothing special about this place any longer.

I would not recommend this place. If you want standard Chinese fare there are numerous other restaurants nearby that prepare it just as well if not better. The Thai (panang) curry that I had was forgettable.

We will not be returning.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank EricAndJen
Atlanta, Georgia
“Odd location, great food”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Shangri-la is located next to a gas station, but do not be deterred by this! The food is excellent and the staff is very friendly. The menu is Malaysian/Thai influenced but there are a number of standard "Chinese" dishes also on the menu. Our family has now dined here a few times and we have yet to be disappointed. Try the cumin-cilantro beef (or lamb) or any of the curry dishes. If you have a question about a dish you may not be familiar with, ask the staff, they will answer your question and even show you a picture of the dish on their iPad.

• Visited August 2012