“A MUST for Gone with the Wind fans”

Gone With the Wind Movie Museum
Ranked #9 of 46 things to do in Marietta
Belfast Northern Ireland
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“A MUST for Gone with the Wind fans”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

One of a few musuems in the Atlanta area that are a MUST to see for any fan of Gone with the Wind. The musuem has lots of interesting displays relating to the book and then the film inc one of the actual dresses worn by Viven Leigh. There is also a good shop. A short drive from city centre of Atlanta but worth the trip.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Pen10poppy

Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Perfect for "Gone With the Wind" junkies”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you love "Gone With the Wind," as I do, this is the place for you! Combine it with the Margaret Mitchell house for the most awesome experience Atlanta has to offer.

Visited August 2012
7 Thank Nomis N
Cartersville, Georgia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Every time I'm there it's closed”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've tried to go to this museum with friends, but every attempt we make, we find a homemade sign on the door explaining why they are closed when they are supposed to be open. And we've made six attempts, the last of which was earlier this month. We were there to see the Marietta History Museum next door (which WAS open) then walked mere steps over to tour this museum, too. Unless they are having problems keeping the doors open due to the economy and dropped revenue, it should probably close or have only a few strategic days per week, I'd love to see it, but unless I just happen to be passing by, I won't be making a special trip to go see it.

Visited April 2012
10 Thank JaynieBeth
Bella Vista, Arkansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Unless you like seeing the same movie poster in multiple languages and salt n pepper shakers shaped like Rett and Scarlett, skip it. The first 10' are nice and informative. After that consider the tour over.

Visited November 2011
10 Thank Stormygirl71
Kincardine, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Just OK...”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am an avid GWTW fan so a stop here was a must while on the way to Florida with my family. For what it is I must say it is quite over priced! The museum was VERY quiet, maybe some GWTW music playng in the background would have been nice. The collection itself was neat but like I said WAY over priced, $27.00 for my family to walk around looking at posters and books was a little much. After this museum we went to the ``Road to Tara`` museum in Jonesboro and it was awesome! Such better displays and theme music playing while you walk around! I would definitely skip this one and head to the one in Jonesboro!!

Visited August 2012