“Perfect for "Gone With the Wind" junkies”

Gone With the Wind Movie Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
$55.00*
and up
Margaret Mitchell's 'Gone with the Wind' Tour in Atlanta
Ranked #6 of 54 things to do in Marietta
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you love "Gone With the Wind," as I do, this is the place for you! Combine it with the Margaret Mitchell house for the most awesome experience Atlanta has to offer.

7  Thank Nomis N

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've tried to go to this museum with friends, but every attempt we make, we find a homemade sign on the door explaining why they are closed when they are supposed to be open. And we've made six attempts, the last of which was earlier this month. We were there to see the Marietta History Museum next door (which WAS open) then walked mere steps over to tour this museum, too. Unless they are having problems keeping the doors open due to the economy and dropped revenue, it should probably close or have only a few strategic days per week, I'd love to see it, but unless I just happen to be passing by, I won't be making a special trip to go see it.

10  Thank JaynieBeth
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Unless you like seeing the same movie poster in multiple languages and salt n pepper shakers shaped like Rett and Scarlett, skip it. The first 10' are nice and informative. After that consider the tour over.

10  Thank Stormygirl71
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am an avid GWTW fan so a stop here was a must while on the way to Florida with my family. For what it is I must say it is quite over priced! The museum was VERY quiet, maybe some GWTW music playng in the background would have been nice. The collection itself was neat but like I said WAY over priced, $27.00 for my family to walk around looking at posters and books was a little much. After this museum we went to the ``Road to Tara`` museum in Jonesboro and it was awesome! Such better displays and theme music playing while you walk around! I would definitely skip this one and head to the one in Jonesboro!!

11  Thank CLMOM12
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I traveled a long distance the director was giving a tour to a baptist group we came in close to the end of the tour and we heard them talking about the book scarlett by ripley well i know the ordealthat went down an i still like the book scarlett an i asked if they sold it an they said no we dont sell such trash here and we dont talk about it. Frankly my dear i will not be back at all.

4  Thank briiiiyellow11