“Unexpected treat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Taqueria Tsunami

Taqueria Tsunami
Ranked #1 of 713 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Mexican, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Taqueria Tsunami was created to bring you all the great flavors from the Far East and South of the Border to your plate. The idea behind the concept was a vision of delicious Latin-Asian fusion food served in a fun, contemporary atmosphere.At Taqueria Tsunami we only use the freshest ingredients and never sacrifice quality, from offering all natural tortillas with no preservatives, to our cocktails made with fresh fruit. We take pride in our culinary excellence and believe our unique menu sets us apart from your typical taqueria.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unexpected treat.”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

I liked the variety of food to choose from, and the prices were very reasonable. I got a salad with shrimp and it was very good. I would recommend this restaurant.

Visited August 2014

Maryland
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

So many great flavors of tacos to choose from, ample portions, and friendly service. A perfect spot for lunch on the Square.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food at a great price”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This restaurant is located right on the Marietta Square and is a quaint location. I'd guess that it has seating for about 60 to 80 people, and if there's a wait, they have a pager, to let you know when you're table is ready. The food is very good and is reasonably priced. My wife and I can eat for right at $20.00 including tip (drinking water). The ambience is nice, no loud music, not a bar atmosphere, so it's been a nice dining experience. The wait staff is nice and accommodating to any request that we've had, substituting ingredients at no charge for ingredients that I don't eat.

Hands down, my wife's favorite dish has been the garden tacos, which are made with Cilantro hummus, grilled peppers, onions, shitake mushrooms and topped with lettuce and soy-sesame vinaigrette . My favorite dish is the South of the Border Bowl, Spanish rice, avocado, roasted corn, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeños and chipotle sour cream. I usually get it without avocado, and they've gladly substituted black beans at no charge.

We eat a vegan diet, which includes no oil, and the South of the Border Bowl is made without it, so this has become our go-to restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great little place for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Asian/Mexican fusion. Who would have thought? But it's appetizers and entrées are very tasty and offer some unique flavors. The Asian Nachos were great as was the guacamole fresco and avocado cilantro egg rolls. I recommend the tacos, the bowls and the noodle salad. We were very pleased with these choices. For dessert, the apple and pear empanadas were excellent as was the tasty ice cream served on the side. This is another great choice when visiting the square in downtown Marietta. And it's easy on the pocketbook.

Visited August 2014
Marietta, Georgia
“Favorite spot on the Square”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Marietta Square was in dire need of a cool place for lunch. Mission accomplished! They have tons of unique taco combinations (the Rich Man's - steak - is my favorite). Great rice bowls, too. Good place for lunch or dinner.

• Visited July 2014