“Not that good...”
Review of Taqueria Tsunami

Taqueria Tsunami
Ranked #3 of 757 Restaurants in Marietta
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taqueria Tsunami was created to bring you all the great flavors from the Far East and South of the Border to your plate. The idea behind the concept was a vision of delicious Latin-Asian fusion food served in a fun, contemporary atmosphere.At Taqueria Tsunami we only use the freshest ingredients and never sacrifice quality, from offering all natural tortillas with no preservatives, to our cocktails made with fresh fruit. We take pride in our culinary excellence and believe our unique menu sets us apart from your typical taqueria.
Reviewed July 30, 2012

You know it will not be a great night when your opening cocktail is nothing special. Skip the red sangria since it was not very good. They need to work on mixing a great sangria. Ordered a starter that was a deep fried taco of sorts with guacamole. That was the best item of the night. After that my table had a noodle bowl with beef....nothing special. Also ordered two tacos...Thai chicken, Pac Rim....each one was just average. Beans and rice were fine. If this place wants to survive, then I think the food has to improve beyond mediocre.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a great place with reasonable prices. The service is pretty good as well. I had the Thai Chicken and Shrimp Tempura Tacos with a side. That was plenty of food and I have a healthy appetite. I did have a problem. It was too good. Even though I was full I ordered the Pacific Rim Taco because I just could not stop eating. I did share some Edamame with my wife as an appetizer before dinner that was roasted. Very good as well. We told some friends about our experience and they went back the following night. They had rave reviews as well. My wife and I cannot wait to go back again and again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We landed in this restaurant by default. We wanted to go to Trip Advisor's #1 restaurant but it wasn't open fit lunch on Sunday so we stumbled in here and we thanked our lucky stars! I am still dreaming of the vegetarian taco with hummus, grilled onion, peppers, and shitake mushrooms. It was so flavorful and unique, not your ho hum forgettable taco. I also loved the chicken taco with slaw and peanut sauce. Our server correctly tried to steer my husband away from the fish taco, describing it as a bit too 'fishy' and in the end he agreed. The corn salad side dish was great too. The only disappointment was having to chase down our waitress for refills on water. The service could be improved but the food is awesome and shouldn't be missed. Very reasonable prices. Try the avocado egg roll appetizer for $5. It comes with two delicious dipping sauces.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Loved the fusion of asian and mexican. Very good and very reasonable priced.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The food here is tasty and the prices are reasonable. Make sure you get at least two tacos, as they're small. The only problem is the service can be quite slow. If you're taking a lunch break from work (as I was), it's not the best choice of restaurant. Don't expect to be in and out in any less than an hour-- MINIMUM. I've been told that the takeout is a good option for those in a rush. I'll do that next time, because the food is worth it!