“Jazz/Brunch Operation Fail”

Add it.
Masani Gourmet Southern Cuisine
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 12, 2014

There was a guy that was seating people and he was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants. At that moment I wasn’t sure who he was. I felt dubious about being there at that point because this suppose to be a semi-formal event and he was underdressed for the occasion in my opinion. I should have taken it as my first sign to run. Since I was by myself I got a seat fairly quickly. They gave me two menus to order from. I ordered from one of the menus and 15 minutes later was told they weren’t serving anything on the menu as the items on the menu were for their dinner. I was bothered because I couldn’t figure out why they would bring me a menu that I couldn’t order from, and why it took 15 minutes to tell me I couldn’t order from that menu after I placed my order. I had a whole table to myself until they sat some lady that I didn’t know with me. I didn’t mind because the place was fairly small and there was limited seating at that time. I ended up ordering from the Brunch menu and had chicken and waffles. I waited an entire 50 minutes for the food. They were very apologetic about not bringing the food out in a timely fashion, but did not once gave the courtesy on offering a refill on drinks. Several people got up and left because the wait was too long, and the food wasn’t that good. From where I was sitting I could see people in the lobby waiting and some waited over 30 minutes just to be seated. Needless to say they left. They loss so much money because they didn’t have their stuff together. Oh, and the guy that had on the t-shirt and sweatpants was the owner/head chef. What a complete fail. I’m under the impression somebody woke up one day and said let’s do a brunch and Jazz theme and make some money. They had an idea, but didn’t put a lot of thought into it. The worse food experience I've ever had.

3  Thank Romeo R
There are newer reviews for Masani Gourmet Southern Cuisine

Reviewed June 16, 2012

The food was outrageously good. The service was excellent and the ambience was perfect. The live jazz does wonders for the soul. I can't wait to return with my husband.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Very good new decor with attentive service. Owner Chef Howard looks after every detail and meets all guests. The menu is priced well and the the Chef changes the menu frequently. The food is excellent. Check the website for hours. It does have jazz on Saturday nights and frequently has music for lunch and dinner. As of this moment, it does not have a wine/beer license, so it is BYOB.

1  Thank RexallWillie