“It's delicious !!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seed Kitchen & Bar

Seed Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Seed Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 710 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roswell Rd
Description: Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.
Atlanta, Georgia
“It's delicious !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great restaurant! As good as any place in the atlanta. Everything I have other gotten here has been great

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank acorn2006

“Impressed!!:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Went to Seed with a few friends and upon walking in was seated at an 8 people tall top table. The server was friendly, engaging and informative. The beer and wine selection was vast and unique. I thoroughly enjoyed the hanger steak. My friends had the catch of the day and the ravioli. All plates delicious and full of flavor.
Had a great night!!
Thanks

2 Thank Desiree W
Butner, North Carolina
“They told, and yep they were right.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was working in the food industry last winter and was attending the Charleston Wine and Food festival. Several chefs and restaurant owners would mention Seed when Marietta came up in the conversation. I was traveling there for The 4th to be with my family and my lovely lady when I decided to book a reservation. I asked for a 1pm lunch reservation and the hostess was most friendly and accomodating.

When my lady and I arrived we were quickly escorted to our table. The restaurant was beautiful, modern yet very comfortable; the design and color palette relaxing. Zaphir was our waiter and for the next 2.5 hours he was truly a caretaker for our time in the eatery.

The wine list is amazing with a great assortment of domestics and imports. They were short of our 1st selection, but Zaphir was there with a personal favorite that turned out to be outstanding. We ordered the deviled eggs and pimento crostinis as our tasting plates and they really began a wonderful food experience. Both southern staples had been redesigned for an elegant presentation and a new burst of flavors. This southern boy was VERY happy.

My beautiful lady and I split the grilled salmon and local lettuce salad as our salad. Zaphir staggered our entree order so we had time for conversation, sipping our wine, and a few romantic kisses along the way.

Our table was in the middle of the main dining room, yet we could clearly see the action going on at the pass. The eatery was busy, but we never felt rushed or hurried as we enjoyed or casual afternoon.

We ordered the hanger steak frites as our main course. The kitchen and wait staff are used to slip plates as the presentation was still top notch. Yes, the hanger steak, caramelized onions and parmesan garlic fries were VERY memorable.

Or course we had dessert, this was a romantic luncheon! Order the tres leches cake, light, sweet and decadent.

We finished our afternoon with a wheat whiskey flight; three 1oz pours and we allowed the drink and beverage manger to choose. He did very well, The Larceny was my favorite.

This is the restaurant in Marietta for southern style fine dining. Now, it would make me move from Durham, NC yet, but this gives me one more reason to reconsider ;)

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jimmy C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

After hearing rave reviews about Seed from several friends, we finally the opportunity to go. We were seated promptly upon our arrival, as we had a reservation through Open Table. The service was outstanding. But those are both to be expected at a high-end restaurant such as Seed. We ordered the shrimp appetizer and the corn fritter appetizer, neither of which were appetizing. My husband ordered a filet and said it was terribly tough. The filet ($28) doesn't come with any sides, so he ordered a side of garlic mashed potatoes which were good. I ordered the pork chop, which the server said was his favorite dish in the restaurant. It was overcooked - tough and dry. Thankfully I substituted roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower for the polenta that is normally served with the pork, and those veggies were the best part of my meal. We will not be coming back to Seed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dana Point, California
“A hidden gem in Marrietta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Who would have thought!!... A relatively new restaurant in a strip mall in Marietta serves as amazing food as some of the better-known and well publicized places in Hotlanta! .... Visited here on a Friday night for dinner with friends and was blown away !... I am picky, I can easily find faults :) ... Well, I couldn't find any faults here ...

I had a 18 Oz Cowboy Ribeye and it was sublime (yes, a bit fatty and salty but flavors were spot on and the sauce it was drenched in was finger licking good). Others in our party had Scallops, Snapper and everyone was impressed. White Sangria was one of the best we have ever had and the tres leches cake to top it off was ridiculously good ! I can't wait to go back...

• Visited June 2014