“Fine dining in my neighborhood”
Review of Seed Kitchen & Bar

Seed Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Seed Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 734 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roswell Rd
Description: Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

At least, it seemed fine to me. Great food and fairly reasonable, and close to where I live w/o driving to Buckhead and paying for a valet to scratch my car.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Recommend making a reservation, even for lunch. We went for a late lunch on a Thursday and it was a 25 minute wait for a table. No wait for the bar (full service) so we sat there.

Wonderful menu selections of items made with local ingredients. The menu changes often so you may want to take a look online to see what they have to offer. The portions are generous, but not overly so, and everything was prepared perfectly. Lunch menu includes appetizers, soups, sandwiches, salads, and entrees. They also have some items "to share" which is a clever alternative to more traditional servings. Variety of vegetables are included on the menu, in addition to many gluten-free choices.

The staff was friendly and efficient, and the restaurant had a nice open atmosphere that didn't feel cramped or crowded, even though it was full.

Will definitely return, but will make reservation next time.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Have been reading the rave about Seed for months now. Finally got my hubby to take me to lunch today. After we entered the door, no one greeted us. A waitress came to the unattended hostess station and didn't look at us or welcome us (or the people in front of us), and then after some time, the hostess showed up. She didn't say "hello" or "welcome to seed." She just explained that she had no good tables since we had not made reservations (lunch!). We did get prompt attention from our server, but he stood behind my husband the whole time he served us; he never looked my husband in the eye. It was weird and not friendly or warm. The food was good, but not good enough to make up for the unwelcoming staff.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I went here for date night after my wife found this place online. I made a reservation through Open Table. When we arrived, we were seated immediately and greeted by our server by name (nice touch). The waiter was very helpful, offering very good suggestions on the signature drinks, food, etc.

The food came out very promptly, despite ordering the steak special. My wife's pork chop was outstanding and the steak was tremendous. Dessert was great.

This is fresh, chef-driven foodie cuisine. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I frequent Seed. Seed has unique food with excellent flavor. There are lots of local foods on the menu. We are both fans of real food with real flavor. We avoid Sysco truck food/chain restaurants if we can. So happy to have such a great place so close to home. Would love to see more restaurants like this in the area.