“Best meal in quite sometime”
Review of Seed Kitchen & Bar

Seed Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Seed Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 753 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roswell Rd
Description: Seed Kitchen & Bar is a chef driven, modern American neighborhood restaurant by Chef Doug Turbush located at Merchant's Walk in East Cobb. The expansive boutique wine program provides cherry picked wines at incredible values. Mixologists stir up vintage and modern takes on cocktails, and American and International Craft beers are on tap in this vibrant, sleek and modern setting designed by Ai3.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family and I enjoyed 4 different entrees and each one was ...tasty....fresh....original and full of flavor ..I will say they are a tad on the small side for the price ....I think that is my only complaint...not that there needs to be a complaint but its noteworthy ..service was beyond Ritz Carlton esque ... off the chart. We will be back and soon ....if and when you go...whatever the chef special is...get it! Especially if its swordfish and roasted brussel sprouts..ohhhh yes...forgot ...def ask to seated in Keiths section.

1  Thank Lisa H

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were invited for lunch, very impressed with the look of the place. Great food and good service. We will go back.

1  Thank Claude B
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband I dined at Seed last week. We arrived early and had no trouble requesting a booth. I had the pork tacos and the Apple salad and both were exceptional. The PEI mussels were ok but the toasted bread to dip in the broth was awesome. Overall we felt the service and food were good. My only suggestion would be to add some ambience with mood lighting/candles because the atmosphere made it feel cold.

We will return.

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We were a group of Ladies who Lunch and met here during the week in the very crowded Merchants Walk shopping center. Once inside, you'll agree that Seed is more like a place you would find ITP or on Roswell's Canton Street. Really interesting decor and artwork. The booths and high top tables are a bit awkward but not uncomfortable.

I had the smoked salmon deviled eggs and beet/grapefruit salad. Both delicious. Other members of our party had the ravioli (not a molecule left on her plate), crab cake, borscht, and faro salad (mostly gone and lots of oohing about the soup) and another salad. We shared a chocolate peanut butter dessert - it was kind of a gourmet Reese's cup. Again, not a bit left. We all devoured all of our meals.

The wait staff and host were very friendly and attentive. The only nit is that our server cleared plates as each person finished, not after everyone was through with their course. This is a personal preference (and I'm told the proper way) because what happens is as plates are cleared, the sole diner feels rushed to complete their meal. Again, this is a nit because our server was extremely nice and attentive, and the reality is that many restaurants clear as you eat.

I will definitely return for a date night with hubby!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have been here twice. Once for brunch and once for dinner. Brunch was OK, and I give it the benefit of the doubt because although I got really sick after eating here, I don't think the food was the culprit and everyone else seemed to enjoy theirs. Quite expensive though and the serving staff was pretty clueless, wanting to seat us at one of their tables with really high bar chairs, when 2 of our group were 70+ - there was plenty of room at 'normal' tables and chairs.

Dinner a few weeks later was similar, and we had to sit at those high chairs. And the place was incredibly noisy, so much that we ended up with laryngitis the next day (seriously!), the only way to talk to a person across was to shout.

I had the catch of the day, which came dry, dry, dry and over-cooked. My husband's food was tasteless and also quite greasy. Our friends were OK but not crazy about their choices.

Overall it was an expensive meal, and really not worth it. We won't be coming here again even though our business is around the corner and it's one of the few non-chain, non-ethnic places around. Pity.