“A favorite for good food and service”

The Chicken And The Egg
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chicken And The Egg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 718 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Chicken and the Egg is a neighborhood gathering spot that will serve sophisticated yet approachable American farmstead fare. Our name represents the cycle of life and the importance of sustainability. We want to help minimize the negative impact humans leave on this planet. The menu at Chicken and the Egg features innovative twists on classic American dishes. The cuisine will incorporate seasonal ingredients from local farms and purveyors as well as sustainable beef, pork, poultry and seafood. Marc Taft is the chef/owner and will utilize approachable ingredients that are thoughtfully constructed and highlight what the earth has to offer.
Sebastian, Florida
“A favorite for good food and service”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

.....been here a number of times and have never been disappointed. The food and service is consistently high quality. Try the hangar steak or the pork tenderloin, if they are on the menu. The menu can vary a little according to the season and the availability of the freshest ingredients which is part of the restaurant's attraction for me.

• Visited April 2014

Marietta, Georgia
“Great Thursday Specials”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

On every thursday, C&E do a 2 for $25 special, where you get one appetizer to share, 2 entrees and 2 desserts for $25, drinks extra. An incredible deal---last night we split the Poutine (a huge portion of cheese-tater-tots covered with shaved grilled chicken, mushrooms and gravy), and then had the fried chicken dinner and the chicken liver dinner (both big portions) and then had 2 delicious desserts, roasted banana pudding and butterscotch pot-de-creme (Wow!)
Service was excellent and we will be back!

• Visited April 2014
dallas, georgia
“Not impressed”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We decided to have a late breakfast here and give this place a try. The inside of the restaurant is very nice and neat. Staff was friendly. The prices and food, however, was another story. I ordered the chicken with the French toast and my spouse ordered the corn beef hash. The food was so-so and nothing to really write home about if you will. The French toast was tasteless and like eating soggy bread. The thing that really got me was the bill. For two of us to eat without any alcoholic beverages it was over $30! Some people may be ok with this but to me they seem awfully proud of their food and it's not worth it. If the food was better I would possibly be willing to pay their prices but it's not. Go next door to Gabriel's restaurant instead. Great southern food there.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank rba911
Virginia Beach
“Fabulous fresh food, winning service and gluten free friendly”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Ate here on a Saturday night to celebrate visiting an old friend. I have celiac so I needed a gluten free meal, the server was very accommodating and knowledgeable about the menu and gluten free options. The butternut squash soup was outstanding. I had the shrimp and grits which were served perfectly cooked and piping hot. My companion had the pork belly and pork loin combo. She said the pork belly was delicious but the pork loin was lukewarm and served with a cold side. She advised the server and immediately the owner came over with apologies and options to make it up to us. She gave us each a free dessert. I had the pot du creme which was perfectly creamy and one of the best desserts I have had, my friend had the creme brulee- well done but not remarkable. Will definitely return when in the area- bright, modern restaurant with local=fresh flavor and awesome customer service.

• Visited February 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delightful Brunch!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We often visit the Chicken and the Egg for their Sunday brunch for the omelettes that are made from local fresh organic ingredients. We also enjoy their evening dinners (I am very fond of the grilled wild salmon while my husband loves the meatloaf and my son-in-law the delicious chicken fingers from organic chicken).

As someone who must eat gluten and soy-free I have always been pleased with the entire staff's attentiveness to my specific allergy/dietary needs as well as their consistently fresh and reliable ingredients.

Great place!