“Comfortable Stay For An Affordable Price”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Extended Stay America, Powers Ferry Rd. Marietta, GA Oct. 21, 2013 and Oct. 25, 2013 for an overlay going to and coming from attending our son Army Military Graduation in Fort Jackson, SC. We were pleased with the service we received, we stayed in a different room coming back through and both rooms were nice, clean and freshly odor. The starter breakfast was well plenished both days we were there. The ladies at the counter check-in and check-out was very attentive to going beyond to satisfy customers. Kudos to Ms. Betty, Natasha and Tina, "Girl Power". We would definitely stay again when in the area. Much Thanks,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stay a week in Atlanta, and this place is convenient to stay. It has quick access to the downtown and mid-town. There is a boston market and CVS nearby. And the price is also great. You can easily get some discount at priceline or hotwire for $30 per day.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel has no management! There are managers being paid to be there, but you can tell that no actual management practices are being done. A new manager was hired during my stay, which was 3 weeks and I would have changed hotels if I didn't have so much stuff with me, when I met him he was getting 'petty cash' out of the safe and joking with the other employees about going out later that night to spend the cash... The cleaning staff is neither motivated or equipped to do their jobs. They didn't even have mops, although all the floors were hard surfaces, they used a hand towel with a hole cut in the middle of it draped over a broom handle... REALLY! During my stay there were 3 silverfish bugs in my bathroom each over two inches in length and one roach in the interior corridor outside my room's door. I stepped on the roach, with my military boots on my way to drill Saturday morning, the dead roach was not removed from the spot until Monday evening. By the way, my room opened to the elevator lobby of the 2nd floor so that tells you how many people had to walk by this dead roach in the center of the corridor. Ultimately, my advice is to not stay here. No matter how much more the other hotels are down the road, don't stay here! If the managment was removed and replaced with people who cared, the cleaning staff given tools and supervision to do their jobs, and the entire hotel (every room) given an extreme clean by a third party cleaning company, maybe this hotel could be saved.

Room Tip: Somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd., responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that you had issues during your stay with cleanliness as well as management. Please accept my apologies. To uphold our company's high standards, we will work with the new team to improve their ability to improve and maintain our facilities.

I also want to express my apologies for the manager's poor choice in judgement on making a joke in regards to the petty cash; this has been addressed with him.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot and usually stay with other brands, but I booked this property based on its proximity to my destination and price.
After driving around for 30 minutes driving around trying to find the place, I called the hotel and asked them for directions. Apparently, even though they work there and are the guest relations for the hotel, nobody working there knew how to get me there. (It turns out I was less than 2 mins away on the same road). A guy at the gas station had to direct me. It's not actually on the road listed as the address. You have to turn down a non description road next to a gas station with a tiny sign buried in the bushes, which is not lit at night. In the dark it looks like a road to houses back in the woods.
I made my reservation with their reservation line instead to avoid the usual hassles of third-party bookings. That didn't help. They neglected to note that I would be arriving late in my reservation. I arrived at the check-in desk at 22:30, and was not acknowledged. While standing their, only 2 feet in front of their faces, the female working the computer said to their other staff member "These people should have to get here earlier if they want to stay here". Obviously not knowing that I was standing there I said "So I guess you don't want my business then."
Them: "We weren't talking about you."
Me: "Actually you are because I have reservation and I am a late check in."
Them:"We didn't mean you, though."
Me: "That's because I heard you and now you know you're wrong for talking like that. It's late so I'll stay tonight but you can forget about the rest of my stay."
After searching the computer they couldn't find my reservation. After I gave them the confirmation number, she found my paperwork in her pile of rooms they took it upon themselves to cancel. She said she has to do nightly audits and when I hadn't arrived by 8pm she cancelled my reservation. This despite the fact that when you book a room, giving them your Credit Card information guarantees your first night.
After be assured my Credit Card wasn't charged (I'll keep an eye on that) I scrambled for a hotel at 23:00 in an area that I already knew to be mostly booked to begin with.
NEVER AGAIN! They should learn to appreciate the business because at this rate nobody will be staying here.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rooms were dirty - floors, kitchen, dishes. Housekeeping will not assist you, you have to go to the front desk if you need anything. That is if they are there which they usually aren't. Some guests in other rooms had bed bugs and we were forced to check out early. Pay the extra and go somewhere else that is clean and you get better service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very dirty. Definately do not book this hotel.
Even After I had the staff clean the room and change the dirty sheets I still had to go to the local store and buy cleaning supplies to scrub and mop everything before I could set my belongings down. No matter how much cheaper it is, I will NEVER stay at an Extended Stay America again.

Room Tip: If you like a clean hotel, do not book a room here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd., responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Erica - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that your room was unclean when you checked in to the hotel. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am working closely with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at mlander@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This location is a poor attempt to mix class with low-cost. There amenities are enough to let remind you that you didn't pay an arm and leg for the stay. However, the dirtiness and rudeness should not be the penalty for trying to say money. I had a gut feeling something would be wrong with the hotel when I saw the receptionist standing at the top of stairs outside facing the hill I drove up to get to the hotel. Based on her white blouse I knew she was an employee but I didn't get a greeting, not a smile or wave. Any how I was impressed by the hotel's outer appearance and location. Clean and nice foliage. When I went to check in, there wasn't a soul at the front desk. I called out to see if maybe the receptionist was in the back of the office. No answer. So I waited for another five minutes. Then another guest looking to check in came through the front door. Still no receptionist. Five minutes later, two more guests came up to the desk. And one stepped off of the elevator. No receptionist. Then a guest already staying at the hotel stated that in order to be helped you have to call the receptionist on her cell phone. He called her and ta-da, she finally appears. No smile, no hello, no apology, nothing from Ms. Victoria (the receptionist). Up the elevator, which was filthy and stuck in the 1980s, and to the room I go. All I saw was peeled wallpaper and trash all along the halls. A BIG difference compared to the pretty outside. I enter my room and the first thing was the nice,quaint layout of the room. Then I notice are cigar ashes along the window sill and the bent up screen that looked like a criminal might've tried to make a fast getaway at one time. The bathtub still had the last guests' hair in it and the toilet still had the last guests' trash in it as well. I could not get a refund because of my booking method so I had to deal with it. I figured I would cook a small meal, enjoy a movie and my nightmare would be over soon. I tried to wash and sanitize my utensils and pots but there was no dish detergent. I boiled my untensils and grabbed a dish towel and lo and behold there was a foot-long strand of blondish hair, ( I have jet black hair), on my cutting board. Gross. So if you can deal with the poor attempt to doll up the hotel and a little trash here and there, be Extended Stay America's Victoria and Ali's guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsTM09
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd., responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed our hotel's location and the exterior's look. Still, it upsets me to hear that our staff was not at the desk to greet you. It is also regrettable that you experienced so many issues in your guest room. Please accept my sincere apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is being coached on how to provide better customer service as well as how to clean and inspect rooms properly moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at mlander@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Days Inn Marietta White Water
Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest
Quality Inn Marietta
Quality Inn Marietta
#6 of 34 in Marietta

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.

Address: 2239 Powers Ferry Rd SE, Marietta, GA 30067-5273 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Georgia > Marietta
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Price Range: $78 - $93 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Atlanta-Marietta-Powers Ferry Hotel Marietta