Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for several weeks in 2009 and 2010. The hotel was very dirty and smelled like trash. There were people there who apparently live there all the time and grilled and drank every night out of the truck of their pickup. There was an overweight women at the front desk who was very rude and made me wait for over 30 minutes to check in while she checked her register or something. The only positives are the price and location. However, stay here at your own risk.

Room Tip: Spend more money for a better hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dana_Wasto
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I've been staying in hotels for 2-3 months at a time for almost 8 years now for work...this is easily one of the worst/filthiest I've been in. Where to start? You couldn't use the bathtub because the drain was clogged with a pile of congealed cigarette butts (non-smoking room)...the front desk staff was flat-out rude and completely unhelpful, with one exception, whose name I don't recall....within the first hour of being in the hotel, I'd been approached and asked if I needed to buy any drugs...there were police at the hotel at least three times...piles of cigarette butts in the stairwells....generally just filthy all around.

The one positive is that the suite (353) I stayed in was *huge*...even had two full baths! And the view from the windows was quite nice...it looked out onto a wooded hillside. With proper management and staff, the property COULD be a good one.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank J N
Reviewed July 29, 2011

If you stay here expect there to be no one at the front desk ever, you have to call them on a phone at the front desk and they never answer. The shower was aweful, dirty, mold on shower curtain, dark circles everywhere, and plenty of hair from other guest on the shower walls!!! When I asked someone to come down to clean it they were very rude and stated that house keeping only comes once every 7 day, what kind of joint is this:A NASTY ONE OBVIOUSLY" and when they got to the room said there was nothing wrong with THE SHOWER AND THE MOLD IS CLEAN, IT'S JUST ALWAYS THERE.......EWWWW but they guess they will clean it. There was some unknown bugs crawling around "GROSS"..............WARNING:"DO NOT STAY HERE, I REPEAT DO NOT STAY HERE"

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed here 5 nights recently and enjoyed the price, courteous staff and the good location, but the room was very dirty and it didn't appear it had been cleaned following the prior customer. I ended up killing 3 massive insects during the stay as well. Per the desk staff, you receive housekeeping services if you stay longer than 7 days. This is not my first unpleasant experience with an Extended Stay Hotel branded facility, my previous stay was very dirty as well. Next time, I'll spend just a little more for a better environment.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2011

After reading the reviews on this hotel I was somewhat hesitant about staying here. The location and economical price couldn't be beat! I was totally impressed from the time I drove up on the grounds until the time I checked out. I had the pleasure of meeting the manager as I checked in, he is a very courteous gentleman. The rooms were impeccably clean and maintained very well. The housekeepers were nice and very polite. One housekeeper offered to help me with my luggage. I was totally impressed. This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but for extended stay, it can't be beat. When my long term travels take me back to the Atlanta district, there is no doubt I will be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jaguar_nation
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I was amazed at our late check in when the front desk clerk had us all ready to go and got us quickly and professionaly into our bed. The rooms were spot less. The staff was amazing.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank trista13
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Do not stay here if you are concerned about people "living" here.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood
Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#15 of 33 in Marietta

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.

Address: 2239 Powers Ferry Rd SE, Marietta, GA 30067-5273 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Georgia > Marietta
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Price Range: $74 - $110 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Atlanta-Marietta-Powers Ferry Hotel Marietta