Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed July 29, 2011

If you stay here expect there to be no one at the front desk ever, you have to call them on a phone at the front desk and they never answer. The shower was aweful, dirty, mold on shower curtain, dark circles everywhere, and plenty of hair from other guest on the shower walls!!! When I asked someone to come down to clean it they were very rude and stated that house keeping only comes once every 7 day, what kind of joint is this:A NASTY ONE OBVIOUSLY" and when they got to the room said there was nothing wrong with THE SHOWER AND THE MOLD IS CLEAN, IT'S JUST ALWAYS THERE.......EWWWW but they guess they will clean it. There was some unknown bugs crawling around "GROSS"..............WARNING:"DO NOT STAY HERE, I REPEAT DO NOT STAY HERE"

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed here 5 nights recently and enjoyed the price, courteous staff and the good location, but the room was very dirty and it didn't appear it had been cleaned following the prior customer. I ended up killing 3 massive insects during the stay as well. Per the desk staff, you receive housekeeping services if you stay longer than 7 days. This is not my first unpleasant experience with an Extended Stay Hotel branded facility, my previous stay was very dirty as well. Next time, I'll spend just a little more for a better environment.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2011

After reading the reviews on this hotel I was somewhat hesitant about staying here. The location and economical price couldn't be beat! I was totally impressed from the time I drove up on the grounds until the time I checked out. I had the pleasure of meeting the manager as I checked in, he is a very courteous gentleman. The rooms were impeccably clean and maintained very well. The housekeepers were nice and very polite. One housekeeper offered to help me with my luggage. I was totally impressed. This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but for extended stay, it can't be beat. When my long term travels take me back to the Atlanta district, there is no doubt I will be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jaguar_nation
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I was amazed at our late check in when the front desk clerk had us all ready to go and got us quickly and professionaly into our bed. The rooms were spot less. The staff was amazing.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank trista13
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Do not stay here if you are concerned about people "living" here.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2010

If you want to stay here, you should expect: to hear doors slam in the rooms above and below you; odors and dust traveling through the bathroom vent (I woke up coughing); people smoking pot; roaches; the reek of mildew from the bathroom facet water; a nauseating chlorine smell from the shower; the stench of urine in the stairwell; loud music; the stink of rotting trash in the hallways; people leaving their trash in the hallway; cheap washing machines that rip small holes in your clothing; creepy men hitting on you; people barbequing in the back; and people “vacationing” for weeks by hanging out and being a disturbance.

I also encountered a man standing by the elevator and looking at me with an erection, staff refusing to contact the manager after hours (even at the request of another manager at a different location), a charge on my credit card that was suppose to be a credit, yellow stains on the shower curtains, a plate that looked clean on the top but slathered with grease on the bottom, dog hair on the floor, chairs and lamp shades. I also overheard a guest complain about housekeeping ‘cleaning’ his room by ‘discarding’ 30 days worth of groceries he just bought and stored in bins.

I also discovered that this hotel chain will not give you the best rate. After months of relocation research on 4 local Homestead Studio properties and speaking with a corporate representative in response to their ad on Apaprtments.com, I thought I would “lock in [their] great rates” by signing a ‘long-term lodging agreement’ at $699 a month (60 day min.). Near my third month, a single mother told me she paid $599/mo. for the last seven months. A staff member said the rate is based on the reservation date, thus the guests living there for the last 1-5 years were “locked in” at their reservation rate despite any lower rate change. The manager, Troy, said the guest did not pay $599 and called her a “liar.” I called corporate and Brooke said it was “none of [my] business” what other guest paid, and that the rate was variable (even though no one offered me the lower rate for my 2nd 30-day contract). After a failed attempt to stay at another location, I returned to this location (as an emergency decision) and tried to make a reservation at the then current $599 rate. Troy did not want to make the reservation on Monday (so I paid $320 for the weekly rate): he wanted to wait until Friday because the rates would be higher and they were ($699). When I realized that Troy expected to make money off of my reservation at the higher rate, I notified corporate that I would post their shady scheme on the Internet.

If you like: people that are unaccommodating, greedy, aloof, and shady; any of the above mentioned; indolent housekeepers; and interactions with a manager that behaves like a diva, is contentious, and will ignore you and not return your phone calls, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Dramafree
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I stayed in many homestead properties as i have a traveling job...

**** this was the worst out of all ..... the manager is not friendly at all and try to boss you all the time..... he tries to tell you policies when he does not even know ****"what the complete policy is !!!!!!! "*******

*******DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL IF I HAVE A PET ********

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Tuktuk_CON
Travelers also viewed these Marietta hotels
4 mi away
Quality Inn Marietta
#6 of 34 in Marietta
Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest
Baymont Inn & Suites Marietta/Atlanta North

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.

Address: 2239 Powers Ferry Rd SE, Marietta, GA 30067-5273 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Georgia > Marietta
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Price Range: $79 - $103 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Atlanta-Marietta-Powers Ferry Hotel Marietta