Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Indy
“Had a great stay”
Reviewed November 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed 11-10 through 11-12-07, the first room I noticed that the stove was not clean and went back to the front desk to request another room the front desk person was helpful and found another room #301. I opened up the door and it was very clean. So we settled in and enjoyed our stay.

Next door there are a few restaurants and it’s in an area were condos are priced 350k and up. If you want a place that is close to shopping but low traffic this is the place to stay. There is a pool but did not get to use it due to the season. Yes the hotel charges or wireless
Internet but that information was online.

We did not have any of the experiences that the other person had during that same period. I have always asked to view my room and request another room if it is not up to my satisfaction. A few minutes
to look the room over will save you a bad stay never accept less.

FYI - The continental breakfast don’t count on it, plain bagels and coffee that is it. But on the bright side you can make your own that the great thing of staying in an extended stay hotel

• Liked — It was clean and the location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank 365H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Meridian ID
Reviewed November 11, 2007

Check in was simple- only issue was reading on web site, there were supposed to be data ports in room, there are none.. so you pay 4.99 for wireless access. Good thing I had my card with me or there would have been no access from the room at all!
Coffee is served in the common room [--] there's a big basket of creamers next to this offering for a reason. Though it is better than the in room coffee.
The rooms are OK. Wood laminate flooring that is uneven, and in some places doesn't go to the wall. My heater, when turned on, caused the smoke alarm to go off and emitted a foul odor. I chose to say nothing to the staff and just deal with it, it is not that cold here yet.
The soap machine in the laundry room took my money, but I was able to get the staff to get me some soap.
My dresser drawers would fall out when opened if I didn't pay attention to what I was doing.
The TV had some melting on the outer case- wonder why?
My remote was missing the battery case, and I'd have to hold the batteries in just right to change channels.
Hot water for showers was sometimes scarce... though I was frugal because of the drought.
The toilets will fiush anything down- so no worries...
The door in the bathroom had some sort of odd staining to it when a towel brushed against the bottom of it.
Maid service was hit and miss on some days.
Rooms are not very noise proof, but manageable.
Luckily, I didn't pay for this room or I would have left on the first day.
It is a roof over your head, but that's about it.

• Liked — free shuttle within 5 miles of location
  • Disliked — see review- too many to list
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank advanracing62
Blacksburg, VA
Reviewed September 19, 2005

LOCATION/PARKING: This hotel is located very near the I-285 beltway which encircles Atlanta. The hotel is about 10-12 miles from downtown Atlanta. A direct highway to downtown Atlanta and a MARTA subway station are a few miles away. There is ample free parking. The hotel is in a nice upscale neighborhood which has plenty of shopping and restaurants.

PRICE: Using Hotwire, I paid $28 per night for the room. I felt that I received outstanding value for the money. (A one star Motel 6 in the Atlanta area costs about $35-45 per night.) Since a major convention was being held in the Atlanta area at the same time, I thought I got an excellent deal.

ROOMS: I have only stayed in one other Homestead Suites. That hotel had much smaller rooms. This hotel had much bigger rooms, and there was ample space to move around. I checked out and later returned to this hotel, and so was able to stay in and evaluate two different rooms. The hotel is designed as a long term stay hotel. Therefore, a kitchen, dishes, and a microwave oven are provided. There is also a TV set. The bed, which accommodated two people, was very comfortable. I had a private bathroom. Since the hotel is set up as a long term stay hotel, daily maid service is not provided (I think maid service is twice a week). A telephone is also provided in the room.

SERVICE: The service was good. Check in and check out are quick and efficient, and the staff was helpful in providing directions.

CLEANLINESS: The hotel room was very clean.

SUMMARY: Overall, this hotel provides excellent value for the money.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank Officer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North
Quality Inn Marietta
Quality Inn Marietta
#6 of 33 in Marietta

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd.
Address: 2239 Powers Ferry Rd SE, Marietta, GA 30067-5273 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Georgia > Marietta
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Powers Ferry Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Atlanta-Marietta-Powers Ferry Hotel Marietta