“Good pizza - NY style crust”

Uncle Vito's NY Pizza
Ranked #493 of 738 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 24, 2014

if you in the Windy Hill are looking for pizza that resembles NY style, then this is the place. Rays New York Style pizza in Alpharetta is best NY style in Atlanta, but for the area, this will do. The sauce is sweet, the crust is crunchy and cheese is OK.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I dislike writing bad reviews and always try to find a silver lining but it was hard to find on this trip. I was on business travel and stayed in Marietta for a few days. On the last night I just wanted to grab a pie and take it back to the hotel to relax. I usually try not to order from the big franchise pizza places because you can normally find little gems at the mom and pop joints. On this occasion my wife called in an order, while I packed, that I was going to pick up. I didn't realize the hassle she had just doing this until she hung up.

Apparently the menu online is out of date which was made clear when my wife tried to order the "Baked Feta". The person on the other end not so politely let her know that the online menu was a couple of years old and not valid. My wife then asked if there was anything similar to which the reply was, "I told you that menu is old and we don't have that." My wife expressed that she understood that and she was only asking if there was anything close to which the reply was, "We have garlic bread with cheese."

Because she thought I really wanted to try the pizza here my wife bit her lip enough to complete the order. After she hung up she let me know what she had dealt with. I said you should have hung up but since its done we'll give it a try.

Another signal should have gone off upon arriving. This is a Friday night around 7:40pm and there is literally just one table occupied. I then can imagine why when I witness the professionalism behind the counter as the girl answered the phones. In the 5 minutes I was there I watched her slay two other callers actually saying to one, and I quote, "Be a man and make a decision! I have two callers on hold and I don't have time for this!." After that caller she addresses me and takes my card saying some men just need to be men and to that I snickered. She then responded by telling me that it wasn't funny and she was serious. I was then informed of her having 3 jobs and only having a few hours sleep and that she didn't have time for peoples inability to make decisions.

Since the attitude had not been directed at me I almost didn't write this but then I had the wings. Blah!!!! The wings tasted like they had been thrown on a grill top and after that had then been fried, or attempted to be. Ive never had hot wings that had no sauce or spice. They tasted of burnt oil and even without sauce were a soggy mess. Its hard to mess up fried wings but they nailed it here.

Oh, the pie? The pizza wasn't bad but definitely not worth it considering all of the other spots around that couldn't possibly have all of these negatives. I hope that it was only a bad day but even that is not excuse to what I witnessed.

1  Thank Shawn R
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Great pizza! Great Greek salad! (Minus not offering Greek dressing but Italian dressing was good.) Decent delivery time to nearby hotel. Don't expect much service when dining in as you order at the counter and drinks are self-serve. But, overall, the food is great!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at a nearby hotel and they delivered to the hotel. A group of us stayed for 16 days and we ordered from here 3 night during our stay. The pizza was pretty good for the price. It was different than Papa Johns pizza which is my favorite, but I liked these guys pizza too.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

They have a lunch special where you get 2 huge slices of pizza and a drink for $4.99. The pizza is always good and I'm in and out within a few minutes.