“Fabulous!”

Dining options: Reservations
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We are grateful to trip advisor for leading us to this fantastic restaurant! The food was fabulous! My husband and I shared a salad and the Lechon Asado. It came with 3 sides and we chose black beans, Yuca con Mojo (a root vegetable with onions and mojo sauce) and Tostones (fried green plantains). Everything was excellent! We had a slice of key lime pie for dessert and it was good. The staff was very friendly and the manager stopped by before the food arrived and then checked in with us during the meal to make sure that we were happy with everything. He was very friendly and engaging. He touched base with each table. The staff also checked after the meal to make sure that all went well.The staff members got along well with each other and this added to the upbeat atmosphere. The restaurant decor was exactly what you would want in a Cuban restaurant. If we travel through this part of Atlanta/Marietta again we will make a point to return to this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Cuban food in Atlanta”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have going to the Cuban Diner since it opened. I always order a variety of different things and I enjoy all of it. Cozy, not stuffy decor with attentive, polite wait staff. Having traveled to over 169 countries, Cuba included I do have a sophisticated palate and this is the best Cuban food in Marietta and Atlanta. Try the yucca fries and the PESCADO EMPANIZADO, Cuban sandwich is a classic as well.

• Visited April 2014
Atlanta
“Great Cuban Cuisine”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for lunch with my kids and had a great experience. Staff is extremely nice and service was great. I had the traditional Cuban sandwich with side of rice and black beans, both were wonderful. Bread is what makes this sandwich. We also had the Ropa Vieja which was also very good. Definately worth stopping by for a great authentic Cuban sandwich!

Visited February 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Terrible customer service.”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We found the Cuban Diner via trip advisor, while traveling through Georgia. Initially the service was fine. As we entered, we were approached and greeted by a gentleman with white hair, who I'm assuming and appeared to be the owner. He gave us the menus and showed us to a table. We ordered a pan con bistec (steak sandwich) and a pan con lechon (pork sandwich), which tasted fine. The pork sandwich, only had pork, seasoning was good but had no onions or other additional ingredients usually associated with a pork sandwich. The steak sandwich was fine. I asked for a batido de trigo (wheat shake) and was advised they had no shakes although they were on the menu. After the lunch, we ordered a cuban coffee, espresso. When they brought it, it was watery, not strong as an espresso should be. My husband took a sip and confirmed it tasted like water not coffee. We asked the waitress to make it stronger, she advised she couldn't do that. He did not drink it and when the check arrived we asked her to remove the coffee charge since it was not consumed, mind you it was $1.50. She refused and said she would call the owner. The same man who greeted us came to our table, confirming he was the owner, and we explained we did not drink the coffee and showed him the cup still full. We asked him to take the 1.50 charge off the check and with an incredible amount of hostility, he looked my husband straight in the eye and said, we made it, it's on the check and were not taking it off, it will be charged. We asked him again, and again in a hostile tone he refused. My husband stated he was not paying for a cup of coffee he did not like or consume and to please call the police. The owner, very aggressively pulled the check from my husband's hand, almost ripping it and went to the phone. He picked up the phone then almost immediately put it down, and came back to our table. He said, "I took the coffee charge off the check but don't ever come back". We told him we wouldn't, paid the check and left. What a horrible experience and to think we veered 4 miles from I 75 to eat here. If you think I'm lying, order something and try to return it. If you order it, you bought it.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank sarabi52
Deltona, Florida
“5 star? Not really”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were totally underwhelmed in our dining experience. The meat was tastless, the rest was average at best. Living in Florida, we might be spoiled, in regard to Cuban food. If this was #1 in Marietta, I am not looking forward to eating in this town again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ham_on_wry

Been to Cuban Diner? Share your experiences!