“Yum!”

Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, GA
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

It never ceases to amaze me what great restaurants in metro Atlanta are hidden away in strip malls!
This restaurant is no exception (look for the Dollar Store--it's across from McDonalds if that helps)
We started with some delicious Sangria, then had a wonderful appetizer--"tostones tapadas", it was chicken over green plantains with melted cheese and sofrito sauce. Then on to the the classic Cuban dish of shredded pork, white rice, black beans and sweet plantains. The pork was sooooooo moist and tender--it would put any BBQ place to shame, and had a wondeful "mojo" sauce (lime and other flavors). Everything was muy delicioso. Finished with probably the best flan I've ever had (and I'm from San Diego, where Mexico is just a half hour away and I've had plenty of flan)--it was so dense and creamy with the perfect caramel sauce.
I've had Cuban food in Miami and in Atlanta--this was better than any of the other places I've tried. Portions were large for dinner--we took half home. Run, don't walk to the Cuban Diner!

• Visited September 2012

Ellijay, Georgia
“Food My Great Grandmother would be proud of!!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've eaten here for lunch and supper, and am always amazed at the freshness, and quantity of food. Eating there is just like eating at a diner in Miami. Very authentic Cuban food. Very reasonably priced and always immaculately clean.

New Iberia, Louisiana
“Authentically delicious!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is the place for authentic cuban food in Marietta, Georgia. ¡Delicioso! The portions are generous and very reasonably priced. Try the pescado, moros, maduritos, and the lechon. Finish with flan and a cuban coffee. You won't regret this stop!

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent rating not enough”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I moved to Marietta, GA in January 2012 from the Fluorida Keys where we had an abundance of good Cuban food. We visited the Cuban Diner in Marietta this evening and agreed it may have been the best total dining experience ever. Our server came promptly to our table, was extremely helpfull in answering any questions before placing our order. While relaxing as we waiting for our food, we noticed the owner being very friendly and concerned that each guest had everything they could possibly need. Soon our food was served and was absolutely delicious. As we finished our wonderful meal, the owner stopped by our table and joined our server in sharing their personal stories with us. They made us feel as if we were family and very welcome. I highly recommend visiting the Cuban Diner no matter where you live in the Atlanta area. My husband visited as a couple but there were solo and family diners as well.

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great food and service, lousy location”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We went here after a friend suggested it to us. Had it not be recommended, we would have drove out of the ratty shopping center parking lot.
Glad we went, the food was very authentic, very good and the service by the owner was very good.
We tried several dishes and found each one better than the next. Next time you can't get to Miami for a Cuban Sandwich, try this place.

• Visited April 2012