“Authentically delicious!”

Cuban Diner
Ranked #9 of 714 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Iberia, Louisiana
“Authentically delicious!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is the place for authentic cuban food in Marietta, Georgia. ¡Delicioso! The portions are generous and very reasonably priced. Try the pescado, moros, maduritos, and the lechon. Finish with flan and a cuban coffee. You won't regret this stop!

• Visited July 2012

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent rating not enough”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I moved to Marietta, GA in January 2012 from the Fluorida Keys where we had an abundance of good Cuban food. We visited the Cuban Diner in Marietta this evening and agreed it may have been the best total dining experience ever. Our server came promptly to our table, was extremely helpfull in answering any questions before placing our order. While relaxing as we waiting for our food, we noticed the owner being very friendly and concerned that each guest had everything they could possibly need. Soon our food was served and was absolutely delicious. As we finished our wonderful meal, the owner stopped by our table and joined our server in sharing their personal stories with us. They made us feel as if we were family and very welcome. I highly recommend visiting the Cuban Diner no matter where you live in the Atlanta area. My husband visited as a couple but there were solo and family diners as well.

• Visited July 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great food and service, lousy location”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We went here after a friend suggested it to us. Had it not be recommended, we would have drove out of the ratty shopping center parking lot.
Glad we went, the food was very authentic, very good and the service by the owner was very good.
We tried several dishes and found each one better than the next. Next time you can't get to Miami for a Cuban Sandwich, try this place.

• Visited April 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Not the best I've had, but it will do in a pinch”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I recently went to the Cuban Diner in Marietta with three friends from work. I grew up in Florida, so have been lucky enough to experience some really great Cuban food over the years. Two in our group had never had Cuban food before, so this was their first experience.

The Cuban Diner is in a strip shopping mall – nothing fancy, and certainly not ‘big’ as one other reviewer characterized it. It’s your basic table and chairs sort of arrangement – the tables are a little too close together for comfort, in fact. The décor was nothing special. The owner greeted us, and was very nice.

I ordered the traditional style roasted pork with the mojo sauce. It was a very generous helping of pork with thinly sliced onion in a delicious sauce. Two minor complaints – it was more “chopped” than shredded, as one expects with lechon asado, and I had a lot of very crispy, almost burned ends of the pork pieces. I had the black beans and yellow rice as my sides. The yellow rice came in a mound on the plate, and the beans in a separate dish with lots of delicious juice, which I spooned over the rice as needed. I was not able to finish my lunch, although I made a valiant effort.

Two others in my group ordered the ropa vieja (shredded beef in a tomato sauce) and they were both very pleased. The fourth ordered the mojito chicken, and he said that while the flavor was excellent, the chicken was ‘tough’ and hard to cut through. Soda were offered with free refills, but nobody ever came back to check on our table, so nobody got refills.

I might go back, but only when I get desperate for Cuban food, otherwise I’ll wait for my occasional trips to Florida.

• Visited April 2012
Marietta
“Very Authentic Cuban-Family Run”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

A little taste of calle ocho! Very good food and the owner oversees everything. Love the place.

Visited April 2012