“Your taste buds will thank you”
Review of Kiosco

Kiosco
Ranked #8 of 721 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Zip: 30064
Marietta
“Your taste buds will thank you”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Not only is the food here top notch, the waiters (which is not an adequate word to describe their engaging, friendly service - they are truly like hosts in their homes) will gladly help guide your selections if you're new to Kiosco or to Colombian food. I'm no expert on Colombian cuisine, that's for sure, but I can tell you that the food here is fresh, bursting with flavor, and each component of each dish is perfectly (and I mean perfectly) prepared. There is one steak dish that's so off the chain, it needs to have its own show on Food Network. I think it's called "Bandeja Paisa" - and, man oh man, you won't believe it (but take someone with you to help you eat it). There's steak, there's sausage (homemade sausage), there are pork rinds (which are really more like super thick bacon than the kind you've seen in the bags at convenience stores), there's avocado, there's even a fried egg! And, here's the thing - each one of them couldn't not be more perfectly prepared. The sausage, made there at Kiosco, isn't at all greasy (just very meaty) and is crisped on the outside. The pork rinds are not at all like what you'd expect from the snack version but are so satisfyingly chewy you just won't believe it. And, they have a slow cooked, then flash fried, half chicken with raspberry sauce that will knock your socks off. David (the most engaging of all the engaging waiters) even helped direct us to one of the best pinot noir wines I've ever had. The place is small so you'd better call for reservations on the weekend or even if you're planning to go during a peak dining time. If you are in Marietta, you will not have a more enjoyable casual dining experience for the money and the flavor than you will find at Kiosco.

• Visited September 2013

Marietta, Georgia
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have eaten here a dozen times and never had a problem. Cooked fresh daily. I bring friends or get take out. Same location for over 10 years. Service is just how you like it. Friendly , polite , not expensive. What more can I say. I think I will go tomorrow. Cheers

St. Petersburg, Florida
“If you're in Atlanta, make the drive! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place! Owner provides phenomenal service and food!!!! Don't miss y”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

OMG! Not sure which is better, the food or the service! Tremendous little place, a hidden gem! I've had better sangria, but non stronger! I'd be such a regular if I lived here! The food is awesome and so unique, homemade and flavorful! I'm not an easy critic to please and this will be my favorite Atlanta dining spot, even though its in Marietta! I didn't finish my meal so I could try the dessert of marinated figs in syrup with cheese. Wow! Fabulous! When I'm back in Atlanta, I'll be here!

• Visited July 2013
“Tiny but lively place with friendly staff and excellent food and sangria!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were en route to Atlanta when we located this little place and took a chance on stopping for a Friday night dinner without reservation. It was a very stormy evening and they were able to work us in, but I'd definitely recommend reservations. It's a tiny hole in the wall (but very clean) on the Marietta Square.

We all loved the empanadas and the maduro frito (fried sweet plantains). I had the medio pollo al horno (half of a chicken that is roasted and then flash fried), my husband had the sobrebarriga en salsa (flank with potatoes, tomatoes, green onion), and my daughter had the seafood paella. All fresh, well-flavored ingredients, kid as well as bar friendly place.

Lexington, South Carolina
“Don't miss this wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food was so fresh & flavorful & the staff was very friendly & informative-- explaining the dishes & making recommendations based on our preferences. We were eating a very late lunch and because we were there at an off time there wasn't a wait-- though there were other customers. I would definitely recommend making reservations if you plan to go on a Friday or Saturday evening.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Kiosco? Share your experiences!