“GREAT SEAFOOD! GREAT SERVICE!”

Marietta Fish Market
Ranked #6 of 724 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Gainesville, Georgia
“GREAT SEAFOOD! GREAT SERVICE!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I had been driving past this place for a while going to and from a clients' office. I decided to stop & have lunch just to check it out. Wow! What a treat! I had a lunch special of flounder & shrimp.

I was expecting a small portion of each, but it was almost more than I could eat! The food was delicious. The fish was very well cooked. The fresh bread was wonderful. I had flounder & shrimp & seafood chowder, baked potato, slaw & hush puppies for about $8.75!

The staff was excellent. Right from the front door they were all very customer friendly. My server was very friendly & prompt. They were all very attentive and nice.
At one point I dropped my napkin on the floor. I leaned over to pick it up and by the time I sat up, a bus boy was right there to take it and give me a stack of replacements.

Good atmosphere, good food, good service. What's not to like???
I'm also a bit freaky about cleanliness. I noticed on the way in that their inspection score was perfect 100.

The dinner menu costs a bit more, but is very reasonable and very much in line with any decent seafood restaurant.

I can't wait to bring the family here. I will also be trying their sister restaurants ( Marietta Diner & Cherokee Cattle Co.) I hear the weekend wait can be a bit long,so we may come & try lunch first.

• Visited June 2012

Dallas, Georgia
“Great Food, Great Service!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband took our family here a few weeks ago during the week for lunch. I was very surprised by the excellent level of service provided by our waitress. We were treated like family. The food was excellent, they provide VERY large portions. We had enough to take home for a snack. The bread was FANTASTIC! A very unique flavor baked into the rolls. The owner came out to greet us when he was told that it was our first time there. He even gave our youngest daughter a small stuffed fish, which she LOVES!
This is now our most favorite seafood spot. Well worht the hour it took us to drive there from Dallas. I HIGHLY recommend it.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Dawsontribe
Atlanta, Georgia
“Tried it once. Don't need to go back.”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Arrived at 6:30 on a Saturday night. Wait would of been 30 minutes but we opted for a seat on the screened in patio. The bread with the cream cheese was good. Calamari appetizer was very rubbery. When it came to the main coarse we all had something we loved and something we hated. For me, I loved my grilled shrimp, but hated the grilled Mahi Mahi. It was dry and flavorless. My wife also loved the grilled shrimp, but hated the Maryland Crabcake. It was huge with lots of crab that looked very impressive, however it was bathing in grease. It made it inedible. The biggest shining spot was the hush puppies. Be warned however that they are more cake than bread. It wasn't the worst restaurant, but it wasn't the best either.

1 Thank Smaycumber
Maple Valley, Washington
“Huge portions, great service.”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Hard to beat. Fresh seafood and really good service. And excellent sweet tea. Solid and consistent each time we go. Good value for the money.

Visited April 2012
Acworth, Georgia
“Very Good”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is a good place for Fish in Georgia. I would recommend this to any one traveling into Atlanta. It is located in Canton and is worth the drive.