“Used to be great”
Review of Macaroni Grill

Macaroni Grill
Ranked #373 of 730 Restaurants in Marietta
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I always seem to forget and go back hoping for what it used to be. Always leave disappointed. Last meal there was for a birthday dinner. A Saturday night, and the restaurant was nearly empty. Should have been a clue. Food came out cold (this is the second time this has happened to me in the last two months there , and this time it was lobster ravioli swimming in a cold, watery sauce. I asked the waitress if the sauce was right and she looked at me like I was crazy and said it always looked like that. I remember it being a creamy, heavier sauce. She said no, I was wrong. Really? I asked for it to be heated up, a manager came back and said they were making me a new one. Nope. Brought back same plate, microwaved--I know because there was the ravioli I took a bite of. No one offered parmesan cheese, waters refilled -never. I don't understand what has happened to this place. You used to get a great meal, great service, and at least a reasonable amount of food for the money. No more. Food quality is poor for the price, service is spotty -- sometimes a good server, sometimes not. Kitchen seems to be either lacking in experience or very poorly managed. Not sure if it's the economy, but I am not sure it is worth going back again. Sad, because I really want to like this place.

1  Thank atlgirl_69

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We visited on September 18th for my mom's birthday. First, we had to wait for a table when the place was maybe half full. Short staffed? Someone's child was hanging around the hostess station, an employee's? Once we were seated, we had a very nice waiter and I think he was new. He was very friendly and did a great job. Once we ordered, it seemed to take forever for our food to come. Then, we received 2 of the 5 meals first. Mine, the butternut squash special, was cold and my husband's penne rustica was hot. About 5 minutes later my parents' and my son's food came. My dad's was also cold. The best part of the meal was the bread. Not sure if we will try it again. Very disappointed.

1  Thank ktbarnett
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My youngest had the salmon which was really good. I had the crusted pork chop which was o.k. a little dry but a large portion much more than I could eat. The staff was nice but our waitress was a little stiff but not enough to turn us off. We enjoyed the restaurant and the meal and will go back if I’m in the area.

1  Thank ProgressiveHobo
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place used to be good.... Wow! How things have changed .... First of all, I know fine dining from chain restaurant dining. By no means did I expect fine dining, however I expected decent food. Probably one of the worst meals I have ever been served... Notice I did not say ate, because it was enedible! The appetizer was not as described and I sent it back and was credited .. My entree came out wrong because the waiter thought it would be cool not to write anything down as if he were a professional... WRONG! Write down the order !!! ... Once the correct order came out, the chicken scallopini was floating in oil, had NO seasonings, and the pasta was mushy.... I considered complaining but decided to leave, hit a drive through on the way home, and NEVER go back .... I am sure I am not the only one that has had this experience.... Save your time and money.. By the way $9.00 a glass for cheap wine didnt set well... $70 for a crappy dinner for two at this place is a joke..... I will gladly pay$100.00 or more for a nice dinner for two... I think I'm finished now ......

2  Thank Rentbbqcom R
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Dinner was not too bad. My wife's dish was room temperature. My daughter and her friend had "create your own pasta" which was OK, but also at room temperature. The server was solid, but busy with many other tables (homecoming in West Cobb).

The chocolate cake was a Costco muffin - I am 87% sure about this. We compared when we got home.

I got a free half glass of beer, which was cool.

All in all, all I guess things were OK. I might try Chili's next time.

Been to Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!