“Very interesting”

Marietta Museum of History
Ranked #4 of 39 things to do in Marietta
More attraction details
Owner description: The Marietta Museum of History is one of Marietta's unique treasures. The museum is located in the Historic Kennesaw House, a structure built in 1845. Located just steps off the Marietta Square, the museum is a perfect afternoon activity for visitors to take in along with local lunch and shopping.
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Very interesting and educational. Nice, friendly and very knowledgeable staff. If you are in the Marietta area and love history, you must visit this museum

Date of experience: July 2018
in 2 reviews
"leader"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed September 22, 2018

Lacks focus. Poor presentation of a seemingly random collection of artifacts. Marietta deserves so much better. Didn't feel like a learned a lot about Marrietta.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Emil2010
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Lcated in a former cotton warrhouse/Civil War hospital/hotel, this is a great little locall museum with exhibits obviously donated by local families. My 9 year old grandson and I had fun checking out things like an old phone booth with a dial phone and a record player you had to crank to run. I knew them well, of course, but all strange and wonderful to him! A pleasant 45 minutes spent with a bit of history.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed December 5, 2017

We have been all around this place and I finally decided to stop in to check it out because I needed some expert information on some items recently purchased at an antique auction. Not the normal use for a museum but I was pleased with the assistance I received and the high level of professionalism displayed by all the employees at the museum. From the part that I saw for my visit I would have to say this would be a great place to visit and I plan on returning with my wife on our next trip into Marietta.

Thanks for the assistance!

Date of experience: December 2017