“Like an attic for any town USA. .”

Marietta Museum of History
Ranked #4 of 39 things to do in Marietta
More attraction details
Owner description: The Marietta Museum of History is one of Marietta's unique treasures. The museum is located in the Historic Kennesaw House, a structure built in 1845. Located just steps off the Marietta Square, the museum is a perfect afternoon activity for visitors to take in along with local lunch and shopping.
Reviewed September 22, 2018

Lacks focus. Poor presentation of a seemingly random collection of artifacts. Marietta deserves so much better. Didn't feel like a learned a lot about Marrietta.

Date of experience: September 2018
in 2 reviews
"leader"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Lcated in a former cotton warrhouse/Civil War hospital/hotel, this is a great little locall museum with exhibits obviously donated by local families. My 9 year old grandson and I had fun checking out things like an old phone booth with a dial phone and a record player you had to crank to run. I knew them well, of course, but all strange and wonderful to him! A pleasant 45 minutes spent with a bit of history.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed December 5, 2017

We have been all around this place and I finally decided to stop in to check it out because I needed some expert information on some items recently purchased at an antique auction. Not the normal use for a museum but I was pleased with the assistance I received and the high level of professionalism displayed by all the employees at the museum. From the part that I saw for my visit I would have to say this would be a great place to visit and I plan on returning with my wife on our next trip into Marietta.

Thanks for the assistance!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Lived in Marietta all my life! I still learnwd quite a bit visiting this museum!! Has a nice gift shop too. Seniors $5 to get in. Well worth it! Wish I had gone sooner!

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank FishnotFishy
See more reviews
Reviewed September 13, 2017

We are Northerners...still from the North, although we have lived here for the past 34 years! But we are still Northerners and we believe that the Norht was right to fight against slavery and the division of the United States! m
Hey, we are all Ameeicans and we have come a " long way,Baby!" We loved visiting The Marietta Museum of History.
So visit here, and understand about hiw dedicated each side was to their cause!
Learn and realize how we have advanced in understanding that cultures are one and that all men and women are equal in this great nation of ours!
So come on people now, let us all get together and love one another right now! Learn about history in the South!

Date of experience: June 2017