“Fun,but not worth the cost”

Six Flags White Water - Atlanta
Ranked #4 of 46 things to do in Marietta
More attraction details
Owner description: Just outside Atlanta, this amusement park offers 40 rides on 40 acres and is great for the whole family.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun,but not worth the cost”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Paid for 2 tickets online 28.99 a piece with my corporae discount,w/ tax 62.10.I was fairly satisfied because online the price of the tickets are 39.99.I Arrived at the park only to pay 45.00 for a flash pass(I know optional,but ridiculous)14.99 for a locker and still had to wait in line.I understand the economy is bad,but how do you expect a family to enjoy themselves with these ridiculous prices.

2 Thank Brklynway

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun times for the Family”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We went to Six Flags White Water for the first time two weeks ago. We have 3 children ages 1, 3, and 7. We ALL had a great time. There was something for each of us to enjoy. The food and beverages are WAY overpriced. We took note of what others did (packed their own lunches and picnicked in the parking lot) and made adjustments on our next visit this last weekend. The bathrooms can get a little nasty with all the wet feet coming and going, I'd definitely recommend wearing swim shoes or flip flops of some sort. Lockers are pricey but they were a must for us. Cram the bare necessities in a small bag/backpack and rent the smallest locker you can ($14). There are only a couple weekends left in the season and we are planning on being there for both of them. Next season we will buy a season pass again. It's definitely worth it if you plan on going more than once!

2 Thank TPacleb
Birmingham, Alabama, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What could have been...”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Whitewater has the potential to be a great park even though it was well aged. I've often enjoyed Whitewater in the past and they have some really fun and nice rides, but the entire park needs a facelift and the maintenance standards need to be reviewed. We visited on 8/24 and 3 or 4 of the main slides were down which backed up the lines at all other slides. This made for a trip in which I felt I wasted my money and I won't be back for quite some time until I hear they have had a major face lift.

4 Thank David R
Harvest, Alabama, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worst Experience Ever”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was so disappointed in my visit I road one ride after being in line for 1hour to get to the next ride and get spit on multiple times. By a boy with out his parents to only get put out for profanity. Never the less the young boy was allowed to continue to ride and enjoy his day. My experience was the worst ever~

5 Thank Tee S
Atlanta, Georgia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Kids who work here don't care - do managers?”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm writing this review solely to complain about the extra money we spent to rent a cabana and how it wasn't cleaned before we got there (I will upload photos). I contacted managers about the dead bugs and mosquitos that were in our empty ice bin when we got there around 11:30 a.m. and the GIGANTIC spider and her sack of babies hovering over the ice bin (at least the spider was neat enough to drop her waste in the bin)...Anyway, I emailed the photos to guest services, but I never got so much as an apology.

The teen-aged girl who I complained to acted like I was being unreasonable when I asked to have the ice bin cleaned BEFORE they dumped ice on the dead insects. (but they did clean it).
It just appears that the kids working here couldn't care less about common customer service.

OHHHH, and what's the deal with them having to stop the wave pool every few minutes...they don't do that at Disney and it's a lot bigger and "wavier"....I don't get in it because they stop it every few minutes (If you have to stop it every few minutes for 'health concerns' or whatever, you need to come up with a better plan to keep people 'safe' without interupting their fun - especially after they have paid a lot of money to come to the water park).

To be fair - my 10-year-old enjoys the kid's area and other slides when the lines aren't too long :)

4 Thank Luvs B