“Fun in the sun but long lines and not enough tubes for everyone”

Six Flags White Water - Atlanta
Ranked #3 of 46 things to do in Marietta
More attraction details
Owner description: Just outside Atlanta, this amusement park offers 40 rides on 40 acres and is great for the whole family.
Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun in the sun but long lines and not enough tubes for everyone”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Our overall time at White Water was very good. We go almost every summer; this year I noticed some differences. In the Little Hooch, a lazy river, there are free tubes available to use as one floats around on the river. This year there were very few free tubes in the river, I mainly saw the tubes that had to be rented. This situation was also seen in the wave pool, again a shortage of free tubes. I think by providing less free tubes, White Water hopes to rent more tubes. Also it is advertised that if you use your Discover Card anywhere in the park, you will receive a 5% discount on anything. I purchased the water proof wrist band on which you can put any amount of money to spend later as you need to. You can wear the band on your arm on all the rides and then when you want to purchase something, the store simply scans your wrist band and the amount is deducted from the money that you originally put on the ban. I linked my wrist band to my Discover Card and the White Water employee assured me that I would get the 5% off all my purchases. I did not and when I bought the problem to their attention they were able to fix the problem.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Campers5

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“NOT Happy - Just OK”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Extended family trip, 15 people ranging from 4 to 58. Had read reviews before we went so I knew not to expect greatness. Parking was over priced as usual but no biggie.

First ride, attendant tries to take sons life jacket off. She is literally unbuttoning his life jacket. I politely but firmly explained that a life jacket was a requirement and it was OK, which was confirmed by the second attendant. HUGE NO NO.

Why in 2011 do customers have to carry their own raft to the top? Terrible idea.
At a water park why would I pay to rent a raft shouldn't that be included in the price.
Long lines because the rafts weren't full.

Wonderful kid's area.
The wave pool and lazy river were highlights for us.

Park does need repair

Customer service - sucked. Went to buy and ice cream at the end of the day and waited in line while I received no thank you after I payed for my ice cream.
"Managers" waited while there was a line and other crew members stayed in line while we waited. Never a thank you and the employee was rude to two little girls waiting on refills.
Please get some better help and a new system.

Did leave a message on the contact us form, received a call from a manager. Missed his call, returned his call 5 times, no response.

White Water you make Six Flags look bad. Please do better.

2 Thank JayPa1215
Georgia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Yikes”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Way over priced! Gouged for parking, tickets, locker rental, etc.it would be nice if they offered a ticket for the wave pool and lazy river only it's a lot of $ if you have smaller kids and can't do all the rides. Long lines to get in ( parking) only had two people at the parking entrance and to get a locker my advice, bring something waterproof
Worst part a toddler in the wave pool in a regular diaper and a life-
guard who "didn't have the authority to say anything" about it Glad I was leaving Can you say E-Coli

1 Thank Melissa H
Atlanta, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“White Water still a good destination”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We visited White Water this year for the first time in several years. The park was busy and we had 2 11 year olds and 2 15 year olds with us, all boys. The older boys of course went off and we did not see them much. They did most of the thrill rides even with the long lines. The wave pool is still good and I enjoyed the lazy river. It was a very hot day so we could always keep cool anywhere in the park. The food is a little pricey but not as bad as most theme parks. We went to most rides except the Tornado, the line is always so long that we have never gotten to ride it/

Marietta, GA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good local water park!”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Was it crowded? Yes, but what do you expect for the middle of July? Of course it isn't WDW, but it is not a destination theme park either. We found the park clean, employees very nice, and an overall sense they wanted you to enjoy the day. Food cost a bit on the pricey side, but in the ballpark with other water/theme parks. If you want to complain about the price of food, go to Turner field, and pay those outlandish prices. Was it enjoyable? Yes, very much so. We will be going back.

1 Thank nole75