“Beautifully appointed”

The James Madison Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Madison B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This is an exceptionally appointed property in a charming historic town. Stayed in Broughton Sander - a delightful market view king. The staff were outstandingly courteous and helpful. The only reservation was that the quality of the complimentary breakfast did not really match the Inn’s standards and attention to detail. By which we don’t mean a lavish buffet but rather fresh or at least Tropicana style juice and better quality sausage, breads and pastries. The associated Town 220 restaurant was good as was Tequila Express.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Stayed in this lovely botique hotel on my home from picking up at son at UGA! What a lovely treat? I have traveled a lot and am quite a snob when it comes to nice beds and linens and this was a true 5 Star experience. So beautiful but not stuffy or pretentious!
There is a lovely restaurant right across the street called Town 220 that is delicious and has great martinis! There is also an Aveda Spa across the street that I did not have a chance to visit in May but heard wonderful things about. Perhaps the best Antique Store I have ever been in is across the street called Madison Market. I am returning this Fall for a Girl's Get-A-Way and we are all counting the days until we can return to this lovely hotel!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My husband and I(late 50's) travelled from Atlanta to Madison, Ga. to the James Madison Inn for a quiet mid-summer retreat. From the first call to the last moments there, our stay was wonderful. When I called, Mary, the general manager, she made sure she understood what we were seeking and offered suggestions for both our interests and our budget(specials available in July/August). The decor is beautiful in this stately, immaculately kept inn. The front entry sitting room is well appointed with attractive art pieces and elegant furnishings. Luxury is carried into the spacious rooms with lovely, soft easy chairs, a comfortable bed with tufted oversize upholstered headboard and a large fireplace. The bathroom with white updated decor and large walk-in shower added to an already luxurious room. A delicious complimentary breakfast is served in the Oak Room as part of the package. We brought cheese and drinks from home and when we mentioned keeping it cold, Mary offered and then personally carried a small refrigerator to our room(free of charge). Attention to detail is an added bonus. When we expressed our interests, the staff organized brochures, suggested activities and restaurants and assisted in planning. A friendly staff member was always at the front desk and consistently offered to assist us and provided for our every need. The Aveda Spa is affiliated with the Inn and the Inn staff organized a spa appointment, offered a coupon and advised us of an incredible special. This turned out to be a 3 1/2 hr. experience of restorative luxury. All in all, our trip to the James Madison Inn was just superb. The outstanding service and luxury accommodations provided the restful get away that we were seeking. We strongly recommend a trip to this lovely inn!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Boutique hotels are my favorite and the James Madison did not disappoint. The reason I like boutiques so well is the level of service that far surpasses any other type of hotel. The James Madison has an excellent location within walking distance of this charming southern town. The rooms were beautiful, the bed comfortable, the breakfast was plenty and the service was the perfect blend of professionalism and warmth. The room is furnished with things that are beautiful, but not long wearing. I suppose this is what makes it so comfortable, but it will be interesting to see if the hotel stays on top of this. I would be greatly saddened to return in a year or two to find a tired and worn looking room. I am certain we will take the risk of finding out; what a wonderful place.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

From the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out we experienced nothing less than the utmost "royal treatment" from Mary, Ryan, and the rest of the staff employed by The James Madison Inn. They all were available at any given time to help with the minutest detail. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfortable. I've had back problems for some years now, and usually dread sleeping in a bed other than our own, but I felt great in the morning with no pain in my lower back. It was one of the most accommodating places we have ever stayed. I would highly recommend the James Madison Inn to anyone who visits Madison, GA either for business or pleasure. I look forward to staying there again sometime in the future.

Dr. Jim and Elaine Dollens
Roswell, GA

Reviewed June 11, 2010

Went to Madison for long weekend with wife. I had high hopes for this Inn from what I had read. Boy did it live up to my expectations! Great place to stay!! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed May 23, 2010

Girls weekend/suite delightful/amenities swell/staff super friendly/ adjacent restaurant good food, good service, prices right/nice house wine/ In another city, the price for this kind of special accommodations and service would be twice the price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends