“Average Experience”

Add it.
Maggie's on the Square
“Average Experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Prices are just a bit high for mediocre food and service. We would give this one a higher rating if they made any attempt to imp0rov service and ambiance but they simply do not earn anything better than an Average rating. Not bad overall. They neglect little things, for example, they play TV audio throughout the restaurant rather than music, the restroom light switch has been missing a cover for months (or always?), service is pleasant but slow, food does not offend but is uninspired.

1 Thank BrewsterPug

Athens, Georgia
“Good seafood”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I had lunch at Maggie's with some friends. The atmosphere is very nice and the wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I ordered the she crab soup which was very good. For the entree I ate the fish and chip which was tasty. My friends ordered a salad and wrap and they both enjoyed their meals.

2 Thank SunshineCarly
Tampa Bay
“O'Hara's is now Maggie's on the Square”
Reviewed March 11, 2010

It was a slow afternoon (rainy March weather) in this vintage building on the main drag in beautiful Madison. The young new owner, who is also the chef, gave us personal attention. We had previously selected our dishes from the menu on the Web (still www.oharasrestaurant.com) and we were not disappointed. The chef is imaginative in preparation and creative in presentation. He gave his own interpretation to a wonderful she-crab soup with thyme, oregano, cayenne and lobster oil, and the fried green tomato stack with red onion, goat cheese and red pepper remoulade was fantastic. My husband's pot roast was meltingly tender. We scraped our plates.

Columbia, SC
“OVERRATED”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I found this restaurant to be overrated. The food is overpriced for both its quality and its portions. The service was extremely poor. I had to ask for the manager due to the lack of attention, length of time to get a sandwich, and just plain rudeness by the staff. This was not at a time when they were overly busy. The staff just seemed more interested in paying attention to their friends than other customers. I won't be back!

Fillmore, California
“Great Food!”
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We travel with our small dog so it poses a problem in finding a decent place to eat since we need to find outdoor dining. While in Madison we stumbled across Ohara's and decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the low prices. The menu varies daily and the selections are not typical bar food. I enjoyed a great salad and my husband had a wrap that was delicious. We ate their twice, once on our way to our final destination and once on the way back. I will definitely eat there again the next time I pass through. The only negative would be the traffic noise. According to one of the other diners, the city council is working on eliminating the large trucks driving through the historic district. This would definitely help the overall appeal of this beautiful town and the dining experience

2 Thank JoeyDog