“pretty good....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

atlanta, GA
“Can I steal the chef?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

As I took my first sip of the comforting sweet tea, my mind skipped down the sidewalk of youth lined w/white picket fences to grandma's front porch on a warm spring day.

Soon after, I was given a nonassuming present, encased in a beautiful white jewel box of a napkin. Your tonge tingles as you realize this is no ordinary bread. The spices dance on your tongue as the jalapeneo tangos with the sweet kiss of homemade strawberry jam and a flower of whipped butter.

When the assitant waitress came to take away the stomach-warming concoction, I glared her away. My basket, now safe, was my new companion for the night....for now.

My very own garden delight was brought to me. A mix of greens topped with crumbles of fresh blue cheese and crunchy pine nuts. All this, coated in a slightly sweet brown glaze, of what, I don't know, but it was heaven.

My entree, my entree...the wait was excrustaing, but I was to be handsomelly rewared for mýpatience. My waitress with a warm smile brought over a white swimming pool. Filled before me was a wine broth circled by a black ring of mussels centere by a white target of just as beautifully shelled clams. The shells were filled inside and out with a generous sprinkle of chopped tomatoes and fresh corn kernals tipped black from the hot flame of the grill. All this frosted with a light snow of cheese slightly melting on the warm surface.
Tangy, sweet, crunchy.
Heaven.
The mix of flavors was a sin. The drool was hidden by the wine broth entering my mouth as my tongue begged each forkful of delight.

So sad. It was over. I resisted the devilish impulse to bring the pool to my head and down the remaining broth flirting before me.

As I conspired with my waitress on how to kidnap the chef to Atlanta. I realized dessert awaits.
The creme brulee was no more, but they had a "touch of sweetness" special each day, for which I asked.

I was given a warm pre-made soggy pastry unevenly filled with a strawberry and chocolate cheescake-like filling. This was saved by a partner of vanilla ice-cream striped with chocolate bands.

My stomach was happy none-the-less as I skipped across the street and wondered if a 5'2" food magician could be neatly folded into the trunk of a Z.

2 Thank aphotog