“What a Gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens
Ranked #6 of 7 Madison B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
atlanta
“What a Gem!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved this B&B. Perfect location and beautiful grounds. We stayed here one night in the Hannah room and loved it. Worth the few extra dollars for the wonderful spacious bathroom. Nice bright room with view of gardens and pool. Breakfast was incredible, Innkeeper Cheryl is quite the chef....definitely a 4-star breakfast. Very relaxed and romantic B&B.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pauletteAtlanta
weluvgod, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind and helpful remarks! Come back soon! - Cheryl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Emsworth, UK
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a Tuesday evening at the end of our vacation on the way back to Atlanta to catch our plane home to the UK. We were stunned by the beauty of the house and grounds. Our room and the facilities were excellent. We were lucky to be the only guests so that the Innkeeper - Cheryl - gave us free rein. We greatly appreciated the "help yourself" drinks in a fridge in the hall and although we didn't take advantage of the swimming pool, the pile of towels for guests to use was a nice touch. Cheryl was the perfect hostess and produced a memorable "Georgia breakfast" before our departure. Our room was quiet and very comfortable and the house was spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished throughout. We will certainly stay there again, but next time we'll plan to stay a little longer at the start of a vacation rather than the end. Madison was surprisingly beautiful with a very good restaurant - the "Town 220". In addition to weekenders and wedding parties, we thoroughly recommend this Inn to anyone passing through like us. After driving up the drive, entering the house and closing the door on your room I guarantee that you will turn to each other and say "Wow!".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lionel P
MadisonOaksInn, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
"Wow!" I'm blushing! Thank you so much for sharing your experience in this review. It was wonderful having you as guests, and I look forward to that promised longer visit next time! - XOXO Cheryl
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having the distinct honor of being born and raised in Georgia, I was completely at home at Madison Oaks. My husband and I live in Arizona now, so this was a true homecoming for me. We both felt as though we were whisked away to a beautiful place in time where life is more laid back and relaxed. Cheryl is an exquisite cook and her hospitality made our 5 day stay the best vacation we've ever had. My husband's sister was married there on Friday and Madison Oaks was the perfect setting. We chose the Thomas Room, stunningly decorated with all the frills of century furniture and décor. It was like being at my grandmother's home, especially with the blue willow dining at breakfast. The comfort of the bed was that of a 5 star hotel. With Cheryl being our hostess we will definitely be returning. We've made a new friend, as she has now become part of our extended family. That also includes Sophie and Fiona! :)
Thank you again Cheryl for our fabulous time. We cannot wait to we have an opportunity to return.

Room Tip: The Thomas Room is exquisite!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AliciaC0808
It was so nice having a fellow "Southern Belle" and her handsome "Beau" as guests. You came as strangers and left as cherished friends. Thank you so much for staying with us; I can't wait for your next visit!
Hugs from Cheryl,
Purrs from Fiona, and
Wet kisses from Sophie
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A very close friend of mine and I stayed here mid week and had the loveliest time. We stayed in the Sisters Room with two iron twin beds and the room was large, comfy, well appointed and great views of the side yard and front with those old great windows. Awesome large bathroom with the old clawfoot tub in red. Coffee service was prompt both mornings in the upstairs foyer and the BEST coffee! Small sweets were served with the full service coffee, all on silver service with toile china. This an hour before probably one of the , if not the, BEST full breakfast one can receive. Cheryl, the innkeeper, is quite the cook. Delicious and filling each morning. Started off with a berry soup much like a smoothie and then cheese grits, egg wrapped in bacon w/capers, and asparagus served in the outdoor screened in setting just off of the dining room. Magnificent! You can probably skip lunch! I'll post a few photos!
The grounds are magnificent and the pool perfect and to your own. Nice and secluded and well kept. Every where you walk, you take in the lovely surroundings whether greenery, large magnolia trees, flowers, cobblestone walkways, arbors, etc....a great getaway to relax and enjoy your day and company. Day 2 is the same...wonderful coffee (really the best I've had!) and I need to find out what brand! Breakfast consisted of a large yogurt parfait to start and then a wonderful egg soufflé served in the cutest chicken crock with chicken apple sausage and sweet potatoes on the side. Again, you can skip lunch practically!
Madison Oaks Inn is so close to historic downtown Madison with so many areas of interest. We went horseback riding nearby at Southern Cross Ranch which was great fun. Ate in town one evening at Town 220 which rivals any great restaurant in Atlanta. We didn't get to shop much but noticed there are plenty of antique stores and cute shops for the next time we visit. Which will be this fall hopefully and again next spring! We LOVE MADISON OAKS INN! Thank you Cheryl for your wonderful hospitality. :)

Green Features: As I understand, Madison Oaks follows silver green practices
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

weluvgod, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad you and your friend enjoyed your time at Madison Oaks The photos you posted are awesome! Come back soon, and I promise to keep that coffee coming! ;) - Cheryl
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 4, 2013

It's taken me a few days to write my review because I wanted to spend enough time providing my thoughts. My husband and I stayed at the Inn over Memorial Day weekend and to celebrate his birthday, and the weekend couldn't have been more perfect!

The house and grounds are exquisite,and even more beautiful in person than even pictures show. As I walked around the property and throughout the home, I could see myself living there ( in fantasyland!). Although grand, it was warm and comfortable and beautifully furnished. I've stayed at historic B&B's over the years, and sometimes they can be too frilly, overdone and old fashioned to the point of being stale. But Madison Inn was tastefully furnished, with all the right details one would expect in such a lovely, classic home.

The best part was our charming innkeeper, Cheryl. She was born to be a hostess, as she welcomed us with warmth and care and thoughtfulness. Not to mention being a fantastic cook, Cheryl also has a delightful personality whom we enjoyed chatting with after breakfast.

Finally, the proximity to the charming village of Madison itself was also perfect. Only a half mile from town, we enjoyed the 10 minute walk both mornings and felt we were so lucky to have chosen the most perfect place, in the most perfect location on our very first visit to Madison.

I have already recommended both Madison and Madison Inn and Gardens to several co workers as a great getaway weekend from Atlanta. Not only is it romantic, but I think it would also serve as a great "girls weekend" destination. I want to return and stay in each of the four guest suites!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Have you ever considered becoming a travel writer? What a review! Thank you so much for the thoughtfully written description of your experience at Madison Oaks. It was wonderful having you guys as guests, and I look forward to your next visit! - Cheryl
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I felt so welcomed by Cheryl, H.D. and of course Sofie. Cheryl is masterful in the kitchen, yet is humble and gracious about the delicious food she serves. And the coffee and fresh cookies and creampuffs at 8am were a perfect jumpstart to the day. The inn and gardens are lovely. We spent an afternoon relaxing by the pool wishing we could stay longer than our two nights. Thanks to Cheryl, our first nights in Georgia were perfect. We will return and stay longer.

• Stayed May 2013
weluvgod, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. H.D., Sophie, and I enjoyed having you as guests and felt your stay was too short as well! You guys definitely added a cool California vibe to this old Georgia place! ;) We hope to see you again very, very soon! - XOXO - Cheryl
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were in Madison for the Spring Tour of homes & got to stay in one of the most beautiful
properties in Madison. Cheryl the Inn Keeper made us feel right at home. The coffee & snack before breakfast was wonderful & breakfast was GREAT. The house & grounds are beautiful.
We wil be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are VERY nice, depends on your group as to which would be best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
weluvgod, Manager at Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us during the Spring Tour of Homes. It was fun having you, your sister and mom here for the weekend! Hope to see you again very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Holiday Inn Express Madison
Quality Inn Madison
Quality Inn Madison
#6 of 6 in Madison
The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee

Been to Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens? Share your experiences!