“Not sure why it got such high reviews?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Amici Italian Cafe
Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Amici Madison is located on the square in historic Downtown Madison, GA. Establish in 1993, Amici has become a "staple" of Madison, GA and is known to most as "Madison's Living Room". An Italian Pizzeria, serving everything from pizzas and pastas to wings, to sandwiches and salads. Our Madison location features outdoor seating on the sidewalk of Madison, GA, with a beautiful view of downtown and the Court House, and also features a bar with bottle beer and wine only. We are located right downtown!
Marietta GA
“Not sure why it got such high reviews?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were there on a weekday afternoon, and were practically the only customers. Although our waitress was efficient, she spent most of her time with the rest of the staff in the back playing some kind of noisy game with much laughing and yelling. The customers at the other table left, and the waitress did not clear it. When an older man came in, assuming he was the manager,, he began clearing the table. Staff still playing around, he said nothing to them. And now the food. Ordered calamari, standard in Italian restaurant. It was rubbery and they had cleverly extended the portion by including a number of breaded and fried banana pepper rings. Actually they were the best part of the order. My husband ordered chicken tenders and the fries were the best part of the order. Table was sticky; need I say more. I really chose wrong based on reviews, when there were better choices close by. Incidentally, we grew up in Chicago and we know good Italian food when we find it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank speedhist

Alexandria, VA
“Decent Italian Food in a Charming Small Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a classic bar/Italian restaurant -- very casual with prices that match. Beer and wine are of good value. The pizza is decent. I remember it better from previous years but I certainly had nothing to complain about with the one I had last week. The meatballs are fantastic but the tomato sauce is forgettable - almost like getting out of a can. I absolutely loved my friend's fettucine alfredo -- and I usually hate that dish. The Cesar salad is no Cesar salad but I thought it was awesome anyways.

This is a casual joint where the service is friendly and the food is decent. Just don't try the tomato sauce!

Visited July 2013
Georgia, United States
“Had a wonderful dinner!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My grandmother took the family to dinner here, we had a WONDERFUL time, It was the yummiest dinner I've ever had there! The waitress was fantastic, the pizza was outstanding, and the salads were very fresh and delish. I would recommend to anyone looking to have a wonderful lunch, or dinner in a wonderful small town!

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Thanks General Sherman”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

A good small town - downtown restaurant. The kind of place that we look for when we travel, where the locals eat. Shared the Antipasto Salad and a Tuscan Calzone and had more than we could eat. Both were great, the service was good, I felt I got a piece of Madison a southern city that should be seen and experienced. Thanks General William Sherman for sparing Madison.

• Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fantastic little Italian place in downtown area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great food, reasonably priced, loved the atmosphere. Would come back here in a heartbeat! Not so fond of the trivia night (yeah, we were in last place so sour grapes are included) but the owners are definitely engaged and others were having a good time so no ding here at all.

Visited April 2013