“Southern Hospitality Gone Sour”

Madison Tea Room and Garden
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: on the square in Madison GA
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Upon my arrival at the door of this establishment, I was immediately treated rudely. On November 10, 2012 my husband and I arrived ten minutes before our reservation at twenty minutes after one o'clock. Expecting to be greeted with a "Welcome, how may I serve you"`, a woman took one look at us and said that she was unable to seat us because of a lack of availability. When I responded that I had a one-thiry reservation she responded that me and my husband would have to wait outside. I wonder if she just did not like the way we looked. Shame on you. You give hospitality a bad name.

4  Thank Deb C

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This tea room is based on the kind you get in the English countryside. It offers what the English call cream teas at a quarter of the price you would pay in England and better quality than most. So if you want to experience a piece of something from over the pond then visit here.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had tea and blueberry scones, which came with cream and jam and a plate of fresh fruit. I'm British so I was raised on this, and I can honestly say this is better than most of the equivalent establishments I've been to in the UK! The attention to detail is wonderful, and the decor is simply beautiful. The staff were lovely, and it was great value too. Treat yourself to a luxurious experience without breaking the bank!

1  Thank sometimesong