“The shrimp was good”

Town 220 Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Athens, Georgia
“The shrimp was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Had business Christmas dinner here and our our party of 12 arrived in intervals. Calamari app was good and not chewy and had a nice sauce to it. I think the kitchen was over whelmed with our group. The food must have sat in the window while the other items were cooking. The steaks were over cooked but the seafood meals were fresh and hot. Overall, it was good but expensive. The other strange thing was the lights kept going bright and back to dim. The salads were nice, the lettuce wedge with blue cheese and bacon had the whole table jealous!!! It sits back almost behind the hotel and had several party members driving in circles trying to find it. Overall it is check mark of been there done that!

• Visited December 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Not only the food and wine, THEY FOUND AND SAVED MY IPAD AIR MESSENGER BAG!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

My friend and I visited the bar and ate some delicious fried green tomatoes and drank some wonderful wine.......I left my messenger bag and Ipad Air. When I realized the next day I didn't have it ( I phoned the restaurant) Bartender Alex and Manager Shawney had locked it safely away in the office safe and came in while closed to let me retrieve it. Madison is over an hour away from my home in Atlanta and they didn't know us from a man in the moon! Folks, this is where to feel comfortable. Excellent French food, great wine list and service and above and beyond the call...............honesty!

• Visited January 2014
Greeneville, Tennessee
“Satisfying Cioppino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were delighted to be pleasantly welcomed and received excellent service on a very busy symphony night in town.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Cioppino stacked with mussels, shrimp, scallops and fish in a very tasty broth. What a treat.
This went down very well with a glass of their crisp clean house Chardonnay.
This restaurant was recommended by our inn keeper at the nearby Brady Inn, and we were not disappointed !!

• Visited December 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Delicious dinner and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

This restaurant is adjacent is the James Madison Inn where we stayed. Our meal was delicious and the service was friendly and attentive.

Visited October 2013
seattle
“best in madison”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a very sophisticated well-run restaurant right downtown. Good wine list and ambience.
Excellent food, we had the flounder special and the wedge salad. Delicious.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Town 220 Restaurant? Share your experiences!