“An intimate place where the locals gather for fine foods” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Town 220 Restaurant

Town 220 Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greensboro, Georgia
“An intimate place where the locals gather for fine foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

A nice restaurant with good atmosphere and good food located in the heart of downtown Madison. The food is somewhat pricey, but good for the money. They also have a bar.

• Visited August 2010

Monroe, GA
“A Excellent Evening - Everytime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

We have found a hidden gem in Town220. The wait staff is EXCELLENT! The atmosphere is EXCELLENT! & The Food is . . . You guessed it . . . EXCELLENT! This is our 8th visit to Town220 in as many weeks, driving 24 miles each way to eat here. We have sampled different dishes from their menu, and found them all to be great quality, tasty, and well plated. The only warning I have for Town220 is there portions are hugh, always enough for 2.
If your in Madison looking for a place to dine, like the idea that your drink glass never is allowed to get empty, enjoy pleasant atmosphere, amd looking for some good food, this is the place for you. Nothing else in Madison can come close to what they have to offer.

• Visited July 2011
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't get enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

Town 220 is one of the best restaurants in Madison. It's a little pricey, so you can't go every time you're in town, but when you do go, get the steak! It's phenomenal! Sirloin or New York Strip are both very tasty! We had the calamari appetizer, and it was some of the best calamari I've ever had...and I'm from the coast. We can't get enough of this restaurant...we've never been disappointed.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Perfect for our Special Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

Town 220 was perfect for our Girls Weekend celebration dinner over Mother's Day weekend. My sisters and I took our mom here to celebrate her 70th birthday and Mother's Day and had a wonderful time. The early May weather was picture perfect so we sat outside on the patio in the back which was just lovely.

Our server was excellent for the most part, a little slow between courses but that may have been because we held off ordering entrees when the appetizers were brought to the table. We were there for the evening so time was not an issue.

Those who had salads said they were excellent and the steaks were very savory and among the best they'd had lately. I ordered the shrimp and grits which were wonderful! (I can get a good steak here in Ohio but can't get this classic Southern dish here in the land of Yankees!)

Dessert was the Berry Napolean which was crisp and light yet filled with seasonal berries served with caramel sauce. It was a perfect option for sharing.

I would not hesitate to return and, in fact, plan to do so with my husband this fall during the tour of homes.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“LOVELY ROOM BUT THAT'S WHERE IT ALL ENDS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

I have been here 3 different times. I wanted so bad for this to be a good experience but it was nothing short of awful. The James Madison Inn urges you to eat here since they own it but the Inn which is the nicest place to stay anywhere near here with lovely appointed rooms, is not matched by Town 220. The food was not even average and the grand marnier....the presentation....was non existent. The filet was very common nothing exceptional. The seafood dish touted as spicy was unmercifully ruined by a goliath hand on the chipotle pepper and was unediable. The salad was about 1 notch up from Denny's.I am truly saddened to write this review. I want so bad for the Royal Family who has put together such a lovely fantastic Inn to wake up and get this restaurant up to par.They certainly have the talent and experience with fine things to do it. I just don't know why they have not.

• 1 of 5 bubbles