“Delicious but a Tootsieroll Pop Problem Causer”

Madison Chop House Grille
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stockbridge, GA
“Delicious but a Tootsieroll Pop Problem Causer”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband took me to the Chop House after he ate there with a friend. I had the BEST grilled shimp quesadillas! Yum! My hubby had a patty melt on toasted sour dough bread. He said it was very good also. Service was ok. Our server, Tiffany, seemed to disappear in the kitchen and we had to send out a search party to get a tea refill. Tootsieroll Pops were given to us with our check. My only slight complaint was that after leaving to go shopping we saw that each shop had a sign telling customers that tootsieroll pops were not allowed in their shops. One of the shop owners said that they had persistent problems with people leaving sticky sticks in the shops which caused problems. The gentleman said that they had asked the Chop House to not give out tootsieroll pops but they did not stop. Hey, Chop House, wouldn't it be easier to switch to a candy that didn't cause a problem in your neighboring businesses? Just saying...

• Visited December 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Just average”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch here after finding it on TA. I had the fried green tomato sandwich and my husband had the tuna melt. Both were very average, nothing special at all.

Greensboro, Georgia
“Much Better Now!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have revisited the restaurant twice within the past few months, and it is considerably better than it was years ago. The service is good, the atmosphere is good with some tv's to watch the ball games, and a good selection on the menu. The pasta with chicken I had last time was great. My wife had the chicken salad sandwich, which was good and huge. This time I had the french onion soup - great, and the caesar salad with blackened chicken - great. Another family member had the fish tacos, and said they were very good. I've changed my review of this place, and will recommend it to anyone now. It's located just off the square with easy walking to plenty of shops.

• Visited November 2012
North Georgia
“GREAT FAMILY LUNCH”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a large party of folks from a five year old to an eighty year old and they handled us perfectly. Seated quickly, great service. The food was very good, from french onion soup, salads to burgers and roast beef sandwiches.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ironage3
DeLand, Florida
“open later than usual for dinner”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

the food was good but the waitress was busy socializing a lot and was slow. The town was interesting so we came back during the day to check it out..Very old timey homes and buildings to view!

Visited October 2012