“One of my new favorite vacation places...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Southern Cross Ranch
Ranked #2 of 7 Madison B&B and Inns
Long Island, New York
“One of my new favorite vacation places...”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

My husband and I went back to the Southern Cross in December of 2010 for a pre-Christmas present to each other. (Our second time there) This time we stayed in "The Plantation." This room was much nicer than the room we stayed in previously. (The Seminole I believe) The room had a 4 poster king size bed. The mattress was too soft for my taste, but my husband found it comfortable. The tops of the tables and dressers have alot of damage from water. (probably glasses) The bathroom was relativly clean and the water was hot. Towels were scratchy. I borrowed a hairdryer which was helpful, because I forgot mine. This room has a nice view of the back pasture.
Horses are beautiful friendly and sweet. Unfortunatly we had 'hit and miss' weather, so we had alot of pasture time, (walking only) and just one trail day, which was very disappointing. Food was good and abundant. Kitchen & cleaning staff were very accomodating. Most of the barn staff is helpful and pleasant. Cant wait to return when the weather is warmer.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Jackson, GA
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Met my best friend here for a short weekend get away and we really had a great time. The horses were healthy, friendly, beautiful. The staff went our of their way in every area to show their excellent customer service. The food was very good and lots of it. They leave the kitchen area open so you can get drinks, fruit, cookies, snacks when ever you want. Every where you sit to relax you have a wonderful view with horses grazing, playing or running by. Bikes and Wifi are included. It was overall a wonderful place to go. I will go back. And, Madison is a beautiful, southern town with nice shops and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We did not stay overnight here. I and a couple of my young friends spent the day out at Southern Cross Guest Ranch in November. This was a nice time of the year to be there. Southern November weather is mostly pleasant and lots of pretty rose bushes were blooming. We arrived around 10:30 and enjoyed ourselves playing foosball for an hour in their game room and drinking all the lemonade we wanted! As we left the game room to look around the place a lady brought out three slices of fresh just out of the oven pound cake for us. We just happened to be in the right place at the right time! It was delicious. Their buffet dinner was nice as well. The workers at the place were friendly and so were all the sweet pets at the barn. We enjoyed the horseback riding on fine horses. View some of our pictures on my blog: http://westernwoodburnings.blogspot.com/2010/11/horse-back-riding-in-skirts.html

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 16, 2010

If you are looking for a place to unwind and really relax, this is the place! Not only is the scenery breathtaking, but the staff and total atmosphere had the feel of coming home. We were not horse experts, however the staff caters to the novice as well as those with experience. We were able to take the horses out on our own after one hour with a guide. By day 3 we had our favorite horses and were going solo! All of the horses are very sweet natured and you can tell they take very good care of them. The food was WONDERFUL and there was a lovely variety to satisfy all tastes. Campfires in the evening, hot tub, off road bikes, hydromassage, BYOB, shopping nearby, all combined to make it a lovely vacation. We can't wait to return.
PS. The stars at night are AMAZING...without all the light pollution, we saw the Milky Way.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2010

i spent 3 nights at this wonderful ranch. super easy access from atlanta airport! a lovely, quiet setting just minutes from I-20.
my room was beautifully decorated, comfortable, and with a balcony with a FANTASTIC view...THE MAGNOLIA!!! bathroom spotless,with plenty of hot water.
the staff was outstanding, wranglers friendly and very helpful and well trained in horsemanship.
meals were delicious and varied in a comfortable and spacious dining area. the chef and owner, inge is charming and very welcoming.
i was looking for a relaxing weekend away from home and that is just what i got...read 2 novels, watched 4 movies, and rode the most beautiful, well behaved, but spirited horses ever!
have already made plans to return!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank irish1352
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We did not spend the night here but had we known there was a B&B we would have. We went on a 2 hour trail ride and had an excellent time. The scenery was gorgeous and our guide was wonderful. The deer came right up to us while we cantered through the woods. Thanks for being a part of our honeymoon!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Your review
Perfection‎ - ‎ - Today
I do not think I have the words to describe how wonderful this place is. You really have to experience it for yourself. But here are the highlights. . .

#1 The Horses
I love T Bone (Legend is a close second)

They are beautiful and when you are not riding you can hang out in the pasture and play with them all day long!

#2 The People
Very friendly and helpful.

#3 The Grounds
Beautiful, full of places to explore and full of wildlife (deer/rabbits/geese/ducks etc) and not-so-wildlife (the barn cats and dogs were sooooooo cute and friendly).

#4 The Rooms
Beautiful, comfortable

#5 The Food
Too good, I ate way more than I had planned.

And dont hesitate to come by yourself. . . I did and was never bored a moment.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Licorasy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Holiday Inn Express Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
#4 of 6 in Madison
Red Roof Inn & Suites Madison, GA

Been to Southern Cross Ranch? Share your experiences!