“A small piece on heaven!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Southern Cross Ranch
Ranked #1 of 7 Madison B&B and Inns
Ellenwood
“A small piece on heaven!”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a getaway for my birthday and fell upon this place. Upon arrival we were greeted with warm smiles and an abundance of information to help us make a great decision. We stayed for two nights and loved every minute of it. Both of us are horse lovers and couldn't wait for the rides. The ranch is beautiful. The rooms are amazing and spacious. A real feel of home away from home. Very clean and comfortable. The owner was a charm. You would never know that she is the owner.She was in the kitchen just like the other staff. Her warm spirit made it an easy choice for us to return for our next trip. The horses are easy to handle and very well trained. Looking forward to our next trip in October!!!

Room Tip: The category 4 room is amazing! The longer you stay the better the price.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Having intially been looking for a riding holiday in Italy or Portugal I went to my travel agent to price flights. The travel consultant said that if I was looking for a riding holiday I should check this place out..........I've just returned from my 3rd visit having already booked my next trip before leaving. I love this place! The people, the horses and the food are wonderful. Relaxation, peace, quiet, great food and great horses - what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Just tell them what you're looking for and they'll do their best to...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank OrinocosMum
Pa
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I found this B&B on the web and read all the reviews. None of them were negative and after spending 5 nights there I can't wait to return. The place is heaven on earth and the staff, horses, food and surroundings made this the best vacation I have ever had! I met wonderful people from all over the world and we had our love of horses and the outdoors as a common thread. We formed a group and already are planning on returning next Fall. I can't say enough wonderful things about how well you are treated and the animals that live there are well cared for and loved. This was very important to me as I am an animal lover. This ranch is a very comfortable place for singles as the rides and community dining make it easy to strike up conversation with others. The guides are sweet, knowledgeable and very patient. The horses are so gentle and lovable I wish I could have brought one of them home with me.
You will love this place and want to return often just like I do!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovelyl and you sleep soundly.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank PaArlo
sarasota, florida
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is a horse ranch near Madison, Georgia. I've been there 3 times & love the place. The accommodations are very nice, the food is good, the service is good, and the horses are great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Chapin, SC
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Southern Cross for two nights in July 2011. Our previous riding experience involved staying on 3 separate occasions at a Colorado Dude Ranch (last stay about 10 years ago).

We really enjoyed our first stay at Southern Cross. The Southern hospitality was excellent and all meals were delicious and served buffet style. Rooms were nice and clean. On the hot Georgia afternoons, we enjoyed the pool. We also took advantage of the free bike use and went off on a 7 mile ride (ask Colter for easy route directions).

The ranch is large with over 250 acres and over 200 horses. This ranch is somewhat different in that with experience, riders may take unguided rides. We highly recommend Southern Cross Guest Ranch.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mel C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Where do I start? We have been so many times, I cannot count them all! There are plenty of places to ride in the SE, but none that treat you like one of the family with horses that are so well cared for. The staff is second to none, the greatest! We have been plenty of times and always leave wanting more - and wishing we had time for "just one more ride"! What else could you ask for in a vacation?! Great place for kids or adults wanting time for themselves. Something for everyone. Food is unbelievably good, cooked fresh and always plenty for seconds! It's become "our" place to not only ride, but to find time to relax, enjoy the animals (there are a lot more than horses on the ranch!), and to just be together as a family. THANK YOU Southern Cross, for all you do! I know this family will be back many times.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank plcogan
Point Clear, Alabama
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was mine and my daughters’ third trip to Southern Cross Ranch, and will not be the last! Since my immediate family discovered Southern Cross, some 8 years ago, we have shared the Ranch with our extended family members and now our friends - This trip we gathered a 15 member group of mothers and their 13 year old daughters. We all felt right at home from the moment we walked in the front door! The food, lodging and accommodations were very comfortable and the owners went out of their way to make sure we were all content. So nice to have three very hearty meals prepared and served in the dining room that overlooks the pasture full of happy, healthy horses. The kitchen crew even made a personalized cake for one daughter’s birthday. The girls had plenty to keep them occupied and took full advantage of some of the activities of the Ranch including bikes, foosball table, scrabble, swimming and two wonderful horse rides complete with very cordial and seasoned guides. Needless to say all were tired at the days end. As for the Moms, we seized the hot tub and cool pool after each ride and relished in the fact that we had delicious food prepared for us and that our children were having a great time! By chance our trip fell on the weekend of a Rodeo that included World Champion and National Champion bull, bronc and barrel riders! We love Southern Cross Ranch, for our family it is good, clean wholesome fun.

Room Tip: The Mint Julip Room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
#3 of 6 in Madison
Quality Inn Madison
Quality Inn Madison
#6 of 6 in Madison

Been to Southern Cross Ranch? Share your experiences!