“excellent hike and views”
Review of Rock City Gardens

Rock City Gardens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located atop Lookout Mountain, just 6 miles from downtown Chattanooga, Rock City is a true marvel of nature featuring massive ancient rock formations, gardens with over 400 native plant species, and breathtaking "See 7 States" panoramic views.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

wonderful place to walk thru like you're in your own little world. huge rock formations and nice pathways thru everything. lit up at christmas with an enchanted room of fabled characters built on a table of sorts to read about and look at. like the swinging bridge and just walking thru the rocks is peaceful.

There are newer reviews for Rock City Gardens

Reviewed January 1, 2013

It was very beautiful and my children loved the place. It was an awesome Christmas trip for the whole family. The plus was the "real " Santa Clause .

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I have a pass & go as often as I can. I love this place!!!!!!! It is great all year round; especially at Christmas time. I really enjoy just walking & taking my time to just sit, look, observe, relax, & rest. I've enjoyed this place ever since I was a little boy. I hope to one day work there when I retire.

1  Thank RickyDewayne
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Rock City is beautiful, even on a dreary December day. The paths are immaculate and very well done. I had read reviews about how cheesy the gnomes are, but I thought they made a very pretty display under the black lights. I do believe the fairy tale room is very outdated -- my kids are into technology and not Little Jack Horner -- but it was a funny flashback to my own early-70's childhood. Overall, this is a very beautiful place that is fun to walk through.....definitely my favorite attraction in the area next to the Tennessee Aquarium. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Been here a couple of times i love it!! My Fiance proposed to me here!!! If you go during the winter (december) at night they fill the whole place up with christmas lights and its gorgeous! I go see the lights every year!!