“There isn't anywhere else for us in Chattanooga!”

and 1 more site!
Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast
Tennessee
“There isn't anywhere else for us in Chattanooga!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2007

We have stayed at Chanticleer 3 times now and sent our daughter and her husband there for their honeymoon. All 4 trips have been beyond wonderful. We ALWAYS get room 12 and I recommend it to anyone. It has a huge comfy king bed with tons of pillows, gas fireplace (in season) tons of window, very private, sitting area with books and magazines and couch and a huge modern bath with a lovely large jacuzzi. The room is decorated very prettily and has a TV and phone and lots of good lighting for reading and just plain relaxing. It has a private little sitting area outside under the trees with chairs and tables on the little cobblestone walk and the place is landscaped beautifully. The pool looks nice, but we always go in the winter and spring so it's always been closed when I was there. It's a nice size though. The breakfast are always filling, I think we have waffles, fruit and muffins one morning and I definately remember the sausage/egg/cheese breakfast casserole with fruit and grits! Convenient to the mountaintop cafe and Rock City, just a drive down the mountain to Chattanooga. It is a charming place and charming people.

• Liked — Its historic and very natural looking nature and the comfy room!
  • Disliked — The staff owners are a little standoffish at first, but they've always treated us wonderfully.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MorningMuffin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2007

My best friend, her husband, and I visited the beautiful Chanticleer Inn in mid-October. The Chanticleer Inn is one of the most breathtaking, peaceful, and spectacular places I have stayed.

We arrived late in the night and our rooms were ready for us. After a peaceful and restful night in the cottage, we went to the main in for breakfast. Judy and Kirby, the wonderful inkeepers, welcomed us with open arms. It was so peaceful and quiet, we felt like we were eating in our own kitchen!. We had a delicious, home-cooked breakfast in the beautifully decorated dining room. Every morning the breakfast was a special treat. The pumpkin muffins were especially delicious!

Judy and Kirby took special care in helping us plan our stay. They told us when to visit the attractions and recommended the most amazing restaurants, which we never would have discovered otherwise. The Melon Patch was our personal favorite.

We had the pleasure of staying in Cottage 1. It is luxiouriously decorated, with all of the amenities required for a week-long stay.. We had the privacy of our own cottage, with the service of a full-service establishment. Each night, we returned to clean rooms and fresh ice.

Situated on Lookout Mountain, we were in walking distance of Rock City and quick drive to all of the major attractions. The historic community of Fairlyland is enchanting and the views of the Chattanooga Valley are amazing. I never felt so serene as I did in the week we spent at the Chanticleer Inn.

I hightly recommed the Chanticleer in for your next vacation. It would be perfect for that special trip or honeymoon!

• Liked — The location, decor, and service.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank shulamit
Camilla, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2007

The views on the way up the mountain to the inn, more than speak to the beautiful natural setting in which the Chanticleer is settled. The inn itself, located across the street from one of Georgia's finest natural wonders, Rock City, comfortably fits into its environment with a stone cottage motif on each unique building. We visited for our honeymoon, and found the staff both courteous and accommodating. Our room was better than anticipated. Overall, we had a lovely time and look forward to visiting again soon. Maybe a first anniversary...

• Liked — breath-taking views
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jermlm
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2006

This inn was rather a disappointment, after seeing the website and reading other reviews. The setting was lovely, but we got off to a bad start when I handed the innkeeper my
confirmation and he said I had been given the wrong price, that it should be
$170 instead of $150 per night. He was going to change it until I asked for an explanation. He said I should be paying the weekend rate. I pointed out it was for a Thursday night, and he back-tracked. The room was pretty and well furnished, although the bathroom was tiny. The main problem was with the breakfast situation. Apparently, a large family group (with baby) was also booked there and completely took over the breakfast room, the noise
level was unbelievable, they were all shouting instead of just talking. Fortunately, there was a table at the far end of the living room my husband and I could use, but since their website even states "peaceful breakfast setting", it was a letdown, and the food situation was even worse. If there is a "gourmet chef" on the premises, he was not working that day, as breakfast consisted of a line of coffee cake, bagels and fruit along a sideboard
like you would find at any Days Inn. You also served yourself coffee and juice. A girl did come to our table and ask if we would like scrambled eggs. We said yes, and that is what
we got - a plate with plain scrambled eggs! I feel when a breakfast is made part of a feature of a place to stay, it should be a bit more out of the ordinary. The innkeeper's wife apologized for the noise as we were checking out, but it seems to me they should step in and attempt to make the situation comfortable for all guests, even if it means asking the offenders to quiet down. And since when do B&Bs allow babies, I thought the idea was for them to be an "adult" retreat?

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank Charley1Florida
Hampshire. U.K.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2006

We arrived a bit early but they let us check in so that was good. I knew this place was walking distance from Rock City but was surprised to see it was almost on the doorstep. Was glad we weren't visiting in high season. The room was lovely very tastefully decorated, lovely shower and cable TV. Breakfast room lovely and airy although the breakfast "window" is from 8.30 to 9.30 so not much time, they weren't ready and set up either. As it's in such a good location was disappointed there was no view to speak of and we had to walk to Rock city's car park to see the lights of Chatanooga below, not what I imagined. Would try to seek out a place with a view next time.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank greenapple74
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2005

We celebrated our anniversary at the Chanticleer Inn for two nights. There are not enough accolades to express how comfortable this inn really is. We have stayed in Bed & Breakfasts in the U. S. and abroad for many years, but it is difficult to find a Bed and Breakfast with more caring hosts. Every member of the staff was hospitable and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and special. My husband had ordered the Silver Special, and it certainly was with roses (and perfect, expensive roses), champagne, chocolates and rose petals throughout the room. Our cottage was simply beautiful and very reminescent of the Cotwolds in England with the lovely honey colored stone. We had our own private courtyard. The website will give you a flavor of this Bed & Breakfast, but it cannot possibly convey the fantastic breakfasts that await you every morning. We had Eggs Benedict and also their signature French Toast the two mornings we were there. Their chef is from Napa Valley and very delightful. This is such a peaceful environment with every comfort. Even though the tornadoes were swarming below us in Georgia, we slept soundly in our ultra comfortable bed. The linens were immaculate. If you are a Bed & Breakfast lover, this is a place you should not miss.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank ninjaqueen
tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2005

This was a wonderful stay for my husband and I. My husband and I have been married for seven years, and we have not been able to get away for that whole entire time, due to a child with special needs. However we were blessed to get away for one night to the CHANTICLEER INN!!! When we arrived Judy, was so wonderful in greeting us. She told me the best places to see, where to go, where to eat, EVERYTHING!!!!! She also had fresh cookies waiting for us.... The room was so sweet, it was so refreshing and pretty. The beds at the inn are like sleeping on feathers, they are so wonderful. The cottages were all very charming. The garden area that was outside the room, was so peaceful. The next morning we were so wonderfully suprised with the GREAT breakfast the was served, by Judy and her husband. Fresh blueberry pancakes, sausage, fresh orange juice.. It was worderful!!! As time came to check out, I snapped a quick picture of Judy and her husband for the scrapbook. I will never forget the kindness that we found at the CHANTICLEER INN. This was such a GREAT time...

Missie G.

4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,215 reviews
The Read House Historic Inn And Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown

Been to Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!