“Excellent location”

The Garden Walk Bed and Breakfast Inn
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent location”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while visiting Ruby Falls, the Aquarium, and Rock City. Our room was spacious but cozy and nice and clean. The drive up was beautiful. We enjoyed the cable television and the charming surroundings. Breakfast was amazing! I loved looking at the flowers out the window and the pumpkin pancakes were my favorite. The hosts and their dog were very welcoming and understanding when we had to check in late. It is also very close to a lot of great attractions!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danielle B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
North Carolina
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at this B&B when visiting the battlefields of Chickamauga and Lookout Mountain. The location is lovely, the room we had was charming and comfortable, and the breakfasts were delicious. The hosts are welcoming and helpful. All in all, we could not have had a better stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ExNewYorker
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This bed and breakfast was great! Beautiful scenery on top of Lookout Mountain! It was very relaxing and serene. The breakfast was amazing everyday. Would be nice if there were vegetarian food options. Love this place and would definitely visit again!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Smoothecaramel
Anaheim, California
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Labor Day weekend...the room was small and smelled like mold..paint peeling from the ceiling and a small 20 inch tv in the "Room with a View" my husband and I had a difficult time figuring out what the "view" was...as far as the food goes...UGH! Breakfast is included and the 1st day we got ...for breakfast mind you....dirty rice (hamburger, wild rice and water chestnuts) with these chocolate chip sweet potato pancakes. I know it did not make sense for us either. It was bland. The next mornings breakfast was worse. Our quiche was burned all across the bottom, luke warm and barely edible. This came with two rubbery pieces of bacon. I will say the location is great as far as proximity to Rock City, Incline, etc....I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank D A
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent two nights here for a girls' weekend out. The B&B is located on top of Lookout Mountain . The area is very pretty and it is in the middle of Chattanooga so there is plenty to do. The drive down the mountain is curvy but lovely and it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get anywhere you want. We had two separate rooms because there is only one room with two beds so you will need to plan ahead. Our rooms were the only two in the small cabin so that was nice. We shared a foyer with a small fridge. Only breakfst is offered. It is outside on a patio near the main house. (The rooms are in separate cabins in a circular drive.) Breakfast was good but there is no choice so get what is being served. We did enjoy the overall experience but I probably wouldnt stay again and here's why: The innkeeper that we saw was a man. I think he did not smile the whole time we were there. Not rude but certainly not welcoming. When we arrived one moring at 8 for breakfst not aware that it was starting at 8:30 we sat for awhile with no greeting. Then I went inside to say hello and inquire if the coffee was made. He told me form the back (not in person) "not till 8:30". I didn't know till later we were early. Certainly made us feel like we were intruding. The rooms have old TV (though I don't watch it much) and the one in my friend's room did not work the second night. The decor is somewhat unusual, which is ok but my room was somewhere between cutsie and not. Also, BIG deal for me, had a fluffly bedspread that appeared to be one not washed between guests. Ugh. Same with matching pillow shams. Also, my room did not have a comfortable chair--only a hard wooden small rocker and a tiny wooden antique chair not good for much. Lighting was terrible at night. Harsh overhead single unit in ceiling with a bedside lamp too weak for decent reading. Patio area where we ate was nice but the brick patio area adjacent was very badly broken and would be dangerous for some people to walk on. Did have a pool near eating area. This place is near the two major attractions on Lookout Mt so works well for that. Is a beautiful area, near Chattanooga yet not in the bustle. There is another B&B on the mountain so will try it next time--it was full.

Room Tip: all the rooms appear to be in cabins in the circular drive area. Some cabins have more than one room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank rivermom1
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was above and beyond our expectations for our honeymoon in March 2012. The cabin was perfect. The food was amazing. The hospitality was tops. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John I
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My 2nd time staying here because of the value and the tranquil setting. Many rooms to choose from and breakfast is excellent. Very close to Rock City

• Stayed June 2012
#8 of 97 in Chattanooga
The Read House Historic Inn And Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites - Lookout Mountain
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain

Been to The Garden Walk Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!